Breaking records/stats thread

Best start to a season after 22 games, 62 points eclipsing the record of 61 points set by Chelsea.

Best start to a season after 22 games, 62 points eclipsing the record of 61 points set by Chelsea.
Definitely on course to break the record of 95 points. Only need 34/48 now.

We just beat the Chelsea start from 05/06.
22 games. 61 points. Chavs
22 games. 62 points. us.

They really did take their foot off the gas for the rest of the season.

The only records that count are trophies. Nothing else matters. Consecutive wins, points, goals, penalties saved, calendar year etc, etc. Let's save all the facts and details until we've actually got our hands on the silverware. Otherwise they count for jack shit.
I find all the stats very interesting, but what you say is very true. Nothing else matters other than lifting trophies.

Although i really would have liked to beat that Benfica winning run!

We just beat the Chelsea start from 05/06.
22 games. 61 points. Chavs
22 games. 62 points. us.

They really did take their foot off the gas for the rest of the season.
Yeah they should have broken their own points record that season, especially as they went out of the LC at matchday 1 and out of Europe in the first knockout round. They even reached 91 points from 36 games and then lost their last 2, while out of all other competitions.

I’m with you on this.
Both Holland & Portugal club teams have won many more European Cups then the French who I can only remember them winning once with Marseille
I'm glad it's not just me.

I don't like cherry-picked "records".

Like that one Jamie Vardy supposedly beat the other year. Not once did i hear one commentator or pundit mention Jimmy Dunne (whose consecutive games of scoring record Vardy did not end up beating!). On the commentary by Tyler for Vardy's elevnth goal in a row he said something like "hold the back page, a Leicester player has smashed the record". But Jimmy Dunne scored in twelve consecutive games in the top league for Sheffield United in 1932.

The lack of reporting records or winning teams from further past than the great Liverpool team of the 1970s and 80s is very poor from football fans, pundits, commentators and journalists in this country.

And i didn't understand this top 5 league record that excluded Portugal and Holland despite, as you say, those leagues having 4 and 6 winners respectively (compared to France's 1) of the European Cup; France being ELEVENTH in the list of UEFA Cup/Eruopa Lg winners and eigth in the list of ECWC winners (behind Scotland).

I heard a few pundits, commentators and journalists mention this Bayern 19 games in a row "record". Not once did i see or hear Benfica's 29 games mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.