Brendan Rodgers was close to joining Roberto Mancini's Manchester City

Indeed he has. I’ve met and spoken to a few people who knew him well in his first spell at Chelsea, including someone who had close contact with every PL manager at the time. All of them spoke very highly of him as a person, particularly the latter person who singled him out without a moment’s hesitation. Now he looks drawn and worn down and his whole manner suggests he’s very stressed, if not actually clinically depressed.

I think Madrid broke him.

He's a very good coach, particularly with young players.

Not a top level (ie really really elite) manager, although he is young.

Unfortunately he was just a bit of a dick when Liverpool were relevant and with Sterling's exit - although Sterling always speaks highly of him now it's over to be fair.

I think yesterday finally broke him.

The 5-0 at Barca is when he snapped.

His team went in to the match winning the league, unbeaten, it was his triumphant return to the club who turned him away and killed his dream of managing the club where he learned everything.

And they destroyed him. Humiliated him. The Barca players pinging triangles literally had Ronaldo jumping up and down with rage because they couldn't lay a hand on Barca.

After that, his tactics in big games changed and his old siege mentality became the toxic, divisive thing we saw at Real and Chelsea.

Perhaps the saddest thing is that because Pep was reaching the end of his Barca spell, the toxicity and hatred he bred at Madrid won him a title and validated it, which is probably why it's been his MO ever since.

Brendan Rodgers would have been a good addition at the time. He has a fresh way of playing football and I reckon some of our players would have benefited from it.

Did anyone hear about the Titanic ??

This! Why do we keep hearing about him almost joining us?

Seems to coincide with a big win. It's almost as if he feels like a part of the club. Well you're not so fuck off fish lips! Can't stick the guy. Twat!

Indeed he has. I’ve met and spoken to a few people who knew him well in his first spell at Chelsea, including someone who had close contact with every PL manager at the time. All of them spoke very highly of him as a person, particularly the latter person who singled him out without a moment’s hesitation. Now he looks drawn and worn down and his whole manner suggests he’s very stressed, if not actually clinically depressed.
Wasn’t he caught out cheating on his wife in the second spell at Chelsea and it’s affected him massively?

Rodgers joining us as Assistant was "Cabal" gossip back in the day, but the link was when we wanted Mourinho.

On that subject, he looks a broken man these days. I agree the turning point was Real Madrid. His ego demands he is the biggest and best but since then he's had to accept being the bridesmaid. He must throw darts at pictures of Pep at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.