Brian Horton

Really nice guy, met him pissed up with my mates at an Indian in Cheadle about 10 years back. He took the invasion of a bunch of City fans quite well considering he was out for a quiet meal with his lady.

I do hope he does well there, but it turned sour for him last time around.

peoffrey said:
Another ex-City man in Management now as he's taken over at Macclesfield Town until the end of the season. He's been there before and left them bottom of the table. Anyone with Macc connections want to comment?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17431067

Think that's a bit harsh on him saying he left them bottom without adding his total record at the club.
They were almost as good as down when he joined them, saved them from relegation, then the following season reached the play offs.
A number of players were then flogged and not replaced, hence the drop to the bottom again.

One of the many who came to Manchester, took City into his heart and it never left him, top bloke, always seems to get the 'difficult' or 'under scrutiny jobs'.

He still lives in Cheadle as far as I know..

meeesh said:
Brian who ? ..................................

Good luck to him,top fella

Quite agree.

When I lived in Stoke, he came to one of our (North Staffs) meetings and was an excellent speaker.

Afterwards, I was in the bogs having a wazz, and Brian came in. He asked if I'd enjoyed the meeting.

When I answered something like, "Yes, it was very interesting", he said "Thank you".

Really nice bloke. I wish him every success.

Top fella. Came into City under difficult circumstances and was building an attractive team on a low budget. A few more additions of note and I often wonder how things may have progressed under 'Nobby'?

But no we brought in Alan Ball instead.

Best of luck to him at Macc.

Not got Macc connections but did see Brian at airport in Lisbon after the game, he was suited and booted along with club officials and ex players. Don't know in what capacity he was there.

What surprised me though was hardly anyone else noticed him. I know he was Brian Who and tbh the fans were pretty tired but when I reminisce, with my rose tinted specs on, I have good memories of his City side and their 'next goal wins' style of play.

Always seemed a sound bloke too. Good luck to him and Macc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.