Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Interesting performance. Functional and effective yet without ever being genuinely fluid.

Danilo stopping on the 18 to turn back onto his right reminds me a little of Milner at Liverpool, so we'll have to wait and see Mendy play there before judging the back three system in relation to attack. Of the three defenders, I still worry about Kompany's tendency to give the ball away when passing it forward; he did it more against West Ham, but he did so again today when under no pressure.

Ultimately, however, all that matters are the three points on the board and the clean sheet, so a sound start to the campaign.

how many hundreds of millions do we still need to spend to start dispatching vastly inferior opposition as easily as we used to under previous managers?
i'd also like someone other than Silva or Aguero to deliver the crucial blow once in a while. years are passing, piles of money keep changing hands, City still limp when not propped up by these two.
Against a 10-man defense you do realise there is a limit to how much we can do? I think at times it was obvious that the plan was to wait for the Brighton players to grow tired and make a mistake, and the plan eventually worked. We destroy teams on the counter but even Barcelona can only do so much when the opposition doesn't want to play.

We will have easier games attacking-wise in the UCL than we did here.

Last season we beat Huddersfield 5-1, Steaua 5-0, Watford 5-0, Palace 5-0, Bournemouth 4-0, West Brom 4-0, Southampton 3-0, even Barcelona 3-1. We are more than capable of high scoring wins, but it just can't happen every game. To win this game by a four-goal margin would have been near impossible.

I will never understand how fans of any team can possibly be unsatisfied after a win.

Don't talk shit

At least you're constructive in your replies.

You may be but I wouldn't be if he wasn't even in the match Day squad.

Obviously it would upset you but I couldn't give a toss what Pogba tweets.

Obviously it would upset me as you both know me too well. But you've both been on this forum long enough to know plenty of posters would lose their shit over something like that. Normally it's the journos who take these kind of digs and everyone gets worked up. So why would it be different for a player?

we need a bully type player up front to boss the front line but its not pep style and for the first time in 6 years david silva was 2nd fiddle looked way of the pace and did not know if to pick a pass or just clip it back and sadly for the most of the game it was back the only time he went forward at pace was for the goal to aguero and that is his game

but the stand out for me was the defence and the shape we never lost our shape at anytime and the 3 at the back maybe just for away games and we was to strong good signs and choices all over the park

This morning on the radio, wont be easy for City, Small compact Stadium, Brighton crowd behind them, adrenolin charged players, how will City play when they don't have possession. We win, without conceding hardly a chance with 70 odd % possession and they calling us for only winning 2 0.We just can't win

We need Sanchez.

Aguero is still the main man

Like the look of Danilo and Walker

Would love a midfielder that makes runs into the box but that just isn't us

Overall, we look solid. Play like that for the next few weeks we'll be away and clear before other teams have realised what's going on

I think there will be tougher tests than Brighton who on that showing will be back in the championship before they know it.

I like the look of walker. Danilo I'm not as sure especially when we play 3 at the back.

Early days though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.