Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Correct. A vocal minority (?) booing every City player for no reason. Small time.

Unfortunately it's a product of how we are perceived by the rag media, expect to hear it all season.
IMO the rag media know exactly what they are doing but that's for another thread !

we were fucking brilliant against a team that didn't want to know ,it was the first game the rhythm wasn't quite there ,but that will come with games.

not once was I worried, we controlled the game from start to finish, we were excellent against a team that plays that way at home.

8/10 ,very patient, unlike a lot of city fans,

we look very strong, and the bench today was scarey.

I think if a forward is scoring 1 in 3 chances then that is good ,horrendous miss by Sergio , then a quality finish, sergio chased and caused problems all day.

danilo played ok but being right footed he slows the game when he cuts back in, mendy will make a huge difference, as for walker ,fucking brilliant today,he will get even better when he plays more with silva and kdb.

Pep learned today that you dont play 3 5 2 against a parked bus, unless your wing backs are making the runs behind, zaba style. Danilo couldnt do that so well and walker was being ignored. Thought silva and de bruyne were relatively poor, this system relies on them but they both did well for the goal. New signings all did well, walker motm. Good win, on to everton

p.s. that goal was never offside

I dont understand the system. When you are in a park the bus situation, 3 at the back is mental.

Either 4 5 1 with wing backs or 2 7 1

No point in 2 central strikers

Against a 10-man defense you do realise there is a limit to how much we can do? I think at times it was obvious that the plan was to wait for the Brighton players to grow tired and make a mistake, and the plan eventually worked. We destroy teams on the counter but even Barcelona can only do so much when the opposition doesn't want to play.

We will have easier games attacking-wise in the UCL than we did here.

Last season we beat Huddersfield 5-1, Steaua 5-0, Watford 5-0, Palace 5-0, Bournemouth 4-0, West Brom 4-0, Southampton 3-0, even Barcelona 3-1. We are more than capable of high scoring wins, but it just can't happen every game. To win this game by a four-goal margin would have been near impossible.

I will never understand how fans of any team can possibly be unsatisfied after a win.
Near impossible? Sergio and Jesus both missed sitters, 2 goals disallowed (unluckily), and a nailed on pen denied. Plus 2 we scored. I think Brighton are lucky, as it should have been four at least.

Ok... some weird responses I think to the match... thought we did everything well... an easy win, tight defence and created enough chances to score to win... for me the only thing that showed rustiness was ball tempo and first touch passes... we let brighton get into positions in defence while we passed the ball around... otherwise we were in no danger at all in defence... it was a matter of time for us to put the ball in the net... that will improve when we get more games under the belt... great win, but expected win... thought Brighton was way more defensive than I thought they should be... hence they didnt believe in themselves... not believing they could take a point... those that are more critical should take a chill pill!

Can you have to many play makers? 0-2 up silva had the ball kdb and Young Silva stood within 3 yards of him wanting the ball Silva turns away and passes it to Fernandinho

Distinctly average performance against a resolute bit clearly inferior opposition.

Even with two strikers we don't create enough to reconcile how wasteful we are.

We look rock-solid at the back but maybe the wing-back system should be reserved against the top teams, as otherwise we have them running into spaces where the natural attacking wingers are more called for.

I think just swapping Yaya or Gundogan for Fernandinho would have been enough to completely change the game, speed up the attack, have them chasing shadows.

I love Fern but we're just so much slower with him in the middle.

We played ok and did the job when not everyone is fully fit. The three worked ok, it just needs a bit more dynamism in the centre to make yourself and option rather than just hoping to be found, or else use the winggbacks more and actually give walker a ball behind that he can run on to.

There was a lack of good quality final balls to create chances, but when it's congested like that we are always going to meet that.

Can't complain for a first game of the season though. Effective and progressive.

p.s. that goal was never offside

Jesus' 'goal'? It was handball. I don't know how it was spotted but it was the correct call. Harsh to give a yellow though.

Ok... some weird responses I think to the match... thought we did everything well... an easy win, tight defence and created enough chances to score to win... for me the only thing that showed rustiness was ball tempo and first touch passes... we let brighton get into positions in defence while we passed the ball around... otherwise we were in no danger at all in defence... it was a matter of time for us to put the ball in the net... that will improve when we get more games under the belt... great win, but expected win... thought Brighton was way more defensive than I thought they should be... hence they didnt believe in themselves... not believing they could take a point... those that are more critical should take a chill pill!

We got the job done, but on another day we might not have, and people are still wound up by the number of games we had following that template last season that ended in draws or defeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.