Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Let's talk about his cool finish then, or his great ball to Jesus that should have resulted in a goal or his pressing and tenacity to break through the Brighton defence which led to our second goal.
It's a two sided coin the Aguero debate and the long and short of it is we picked up 3 points because of his direct involvement. Strikers miss chances, always have and always will.

Excellent post this. So many recently want to dwell on every supposed blunder this lad makes while completely ignoring the good he does.

Many of the faults from last season were still there but even so, the team itself is a huge upgrade so far as following 'the plan' goes. Very promising.

Our workrate off the ball was excellent.

I can't believe Walker is the same bloke I've been watching for years. It's like he's had his brain repogrammed in Spain. Almost leading the team forward.

Three things for me:..1 hugely overcomplicating things around the penalty area which, when all the ideas ran out, actually led to the opposite; stupid diagonal aerial balls at Jesus etc which would still have been shit passes if Joe Royle at 20 years old was challenging at cf. Stupid.

A simple pass earlier Or A SHOT would have been far better. If we shoot, the defence has to come out to stop it, leaving gaps behind, so SHOOT FFS

2: Many times midfield players hit a first time backward pass when receiving the ball in our half, when they could have positioned themselves on the half turn & played an easy forward one instead. Was better pre season. Poor by their standard.

3: Aguero is right up for it & still our main cf.

According to Brennan on the MUen we played more like Barnsley than Barcelona..ffs over 70% possession and never looked in any trouble.
I don't think we were fantastic but we were definitely far and away the better team.
Never easy playing at promoted clubs early in the season.... very happy with the 3 points and a clean sheet too.
Exactly, no idea what Brennan is on about there.

Completely controlled the game from start to finish, a great goal from sergio. Quite a few players looked rusty but thats no suprise..
the reaction of the media is that we somehow stole it....!!!!! both MUEN and Sly Sports reporting it in this fashion....thry really want us to fail....so happy that the media darlings of liverpool were pegged back.

I know they didn't have much of a choice unless they wanted to get battered, but I don't see how any Brighton fan could have enjoyed how they played yesterday. 10 behind the ball and hoofing it up field whenever they got possession, and to think there's a side that "experts" picked to win the title that play that way...

Not too shabby start. We got the 3 points. The engine has been started, wait till we put our foot on the accelerator.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.