Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Will take that all day long. No injuries, away win against a promoted side, controlled the game from start to finish, defence looked a massive upgrade on last year, Walker was excellent, entire team worked so hard. On the minus side, we looked a bit ring rusty, we didn't create enough chances to reflect the possession we had. Motm for me was Kun for his workrate, goal and his contribution to the second. Thought Walker and Kev played very well too.

Wtf was all the booing for from the Brighton fans? You would have thought they would just be pleased to be there and support there team. Bizarre.

City possession 78%
Shots 14
On target with 4
Goals 2

Brighton with only 22% possession managed 6 shots with 2 on target without scoring.

Should we have had more shots even with that packed defence ?

Cant complain really because our shots on target resulted in 2 goals albeit one own goal but with the defensive play of Brighton they still managed almost half as many shots as us so it seems our possession play generates little opportunity to shoot and or we are reluctant to shoot.

Still, first game of season and we won 2 0.

Last edited:
It's always difficult playing a promoted team, first time in Premiership, full house of excited fans, first game etc.
I was crying out for Sane to come on for Danilo to stretch the play. I'm sure we'll play better. I'm sure we'll bring in at least one more striker.
The Premiership is a really difficult league 7 teams fighting for top 4, relegation favourites with some beating the Champions etc. If we regularly win games when we are not at our best we'll have a very good season.

Solid performance, only worry for me is the finishing again. If Vinnie stays fit we will win the league.

Wtf was all the booing for from the Brighton fans? You would have thought they would just be pleased to be there and support there team. Bizarre.

They aren't used to the PL, bless them they are just trying to fit in and look as though they belong.

Watching it back I realised Gabriel Jesus could have had 4 on another day. Bodes well. He was very unlucky. 2 goals disallowed, 2nd one looked onside to me. A big goal threat for us.

I think he should be credited with our 2nd goal. Looks to me like he and the defender get a touch in it

Signs of link up play developing between Aguero and Jesus. Great bits of skill from Aguero for our two goals.

Last edited:
Watching it back I realised Gabriel Jesus could have had 4 on another day. Bodes well. He was very unlucky. 2 goals disallowed, 2nd one looked onside to me. A big goal threat for us.

Agree marvin, his movement was excellent as well. That flick over the defender was a joy to see and that it was we want, for him to express himself out on the pitch. Fully expect him to shine this season.

What was the chance Jesus missed? One went in unfortunately off his hand and the other was a lucky/decent save by their keeper across his body.

The free header from point blank range, which far from being a decent save by the keeper was almost straight at him. But I wasn't talking just about yesterday. Whilst a clear asset to the club, he's missed a fair few gifts as well. Not as many as Aguero, but it's not hard to understand why Pep is after additional firepower IMO

In regards to the parking bus tactic, we need to move quicker especially when for example Brighton were up the field on a couple of occasions and lost the ball, and we should have actually broke with pace with Brighton fully exposed due to them attacking on these rare occasions.

I didnt understand the booing from Brighton, i found myself before the game began during the build up, actually happy for Brighton to be in the premiervleague. But that constant booing changed all that and i found myself wanting us to put 5 past them lol

We got the 3 points and eventually because of the domination, it was inevitable that at some point one of their players would lose concentration. Onwards and upwards Blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.