Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Convinced yesterday was more about the team using the game to adapt to the 3-5-2 system with Pep being quite confident of a win. Bit risky but we won and got some value out of it so it's ended up being a good choice. I don't expect we'll play that way against the lower sides very much for the rest of the season, we have no need for 3 central defenders when they have about 3 attacks all game but it's good to get used to it for when we do use it against the bigger sides.

Looked a bit lethargic at times and didn't have much of a plan with a lot of players very static, hopefully just new season rust though. Definitely need to move the ball a lot faster if we're to break better teams down. Not judging him based on 1 game before somebody that can't accept even slight criticism suggests that but Danilo looked very much like a right back playing out of position yesterday. Had a number of chances to push forward and get the ball in with his left but choose to constantly check on to his right and stop the attack. Further strengthens my opinion of us needing another player capable of filling in at left back.

Amex was a nice new ground to visit, would rather they were relegated though, that journey down was a killer.

Overall, a decent start, 3 points, good signs all round, new players integrated fairly well already and don't seem like they'll take a long time to settle, a good bit of practice in a new formation but still plenty of improvements to be made.

Yeah, was good to tick off a new ground as we don't get many opportunities for that these days but 6 hours journey time down and close to the same coming back was frustrating. Bastard M25. If they stay up I'll be doing a stopover next time.

Of all the new grounds that have sprung up down the years, it was quite decent but you have to allow plenty of time to get the train in from Brighton centre. Atmosphere-wise, we were hit and miss. Started off quite well but it tailed off as the first half wore on and that continued quite a bit into the second half despite us and other pockets trying to get it going. Can't really blame corporates on this occasion as I saw very few and it always amazes me how it's bouncing on the concourse yet when people get to their seats so many suddenly lose their singing voices. I've seen us get a bit of a slating from some Brighton fans, but to be honest they weren't all that either - plenty of periods of silence from their end too, although when either set of fans did get it properly going the noise travelled well.

One of our lot stumbled into a bit of a discussion with one of theirs when in the queue for the train afterwards. Overheard him say City are a small club (weird hearing a Brighton fan say that) and that we were in the Championship when we got taken over so he put him straight on that one. Anyway, he kept going on about United being a bigger club after that (no shit Sherlock), but soon piped down when I pointed out that Palace are a bigger club than them. I very rarely witness stuff like that from opposition fans outside of the internet and it was in stark contrast to the chinwag we had with some old school Brighton fans outside the Grand Central pub before the game.

Last edited:
Just landed back at dilly, great weekend and despite the miserable blue moaners in the ground at half time though we played well both halves

Good ground and top day out
Hope brighton stay up so we can go next year

Last edited:
don't agree. you bring those 2 on when the bus dwellers are tired.
I think it was a potential banana skin, but I don't think Pep quite "gets" the prem. Last season we struggled in games because of team selection, trying to save players for future games. Yesterdays starting 11 was a surprise, no Sane no Sterling - not just lack of pace but lack of directness - Sane came on we scored within a minute.

We (he) can't underestimate lower prem teams - this isn't spain where the Barca B team will hammer Villareal with their hands tied behind their back. Yesterdays selection was not our strongest eleven, but I'm hopefull Pep learnt from last season and it was a stronger side than he would have put out a year ago.

I think you need to organise a petition.
@Eccles Blue will sign it. She sounds distraught.

I'm going to apply to adopt him so i can take care of him

I'll support the petition & your application to adopt him. He definitely needs looking after!! But if, as @mashipx suggests, he is doing it in support of someone then maybe we ought to wait? Or find out for sure. :-)

I'll support the petition & your application to adopt him. He definitely needs looking after!! But if, as @mashipx suggests, he is doing it in support of someone then maybe we ought to wait? Or find out for sure. :-)
He might be doing it for a good reason but he is not growing it back so he needs the naughty step :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.