Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

2-0 vs a parked bus.. It's an education for what to expect and how to handle it(with the new formation) as it won't be the last bus we play.

KDB slightly edges Walker for motm for me

Bring on Everton

Potential banana skin game in every respect, but we saw it through. Three points, no injuries and some great standout performances.

KDB just tireless, unbelievable play leading to our first.
Walker deserved MOTM, he has it all.
Aguero with the clinical finish we needed the most.

Usual flappers on the match day forum, but what's new there. Job done, Pep in!

Way to grind it out and break down that bus. Walker MOTM for me, Kev close behind. On to (Girona) Everton!

Clean sheet. Aguero with a good goal. Job done.
That's pretty much it. We weren't outstanding, if we're honest. 6/10 performance, 7 at a push. But it's not easy against a side determined to defend. We'll have to get used to that this season. Perhaps if that Gaybo chance had gone in in the first half, it might have brought Brighton out earleir, and leave more space for us to work in. Ah well; good start.

Any away win is a great win. Jesus looked sharp and a nicely taken goal by Aguero but could have been better in front of goal. I wanted us to get more goals at the end.

Good performance against a team with no ambition. Don't see the point in sitting back, you're not winning many that way. Also get Sanchez signed, will be more direct with him.

Great result. I think we could have played yaya as the sweeper and used his passing but my god what a negative way to play from Brighton

I expect most of our goals to come I need the last 20 mins of games as we wear teams down and pounce on mistakes, parking the bus is what most teams will do we just have to be patient, bring in Everton

Always going to be a tricky game against a newly promoted team and they certainly didn't want to come out and play attacking football.
We will face plenty of games like this before the season is over but we were patient and Sergio took his goal very well.
Walker looked very good and we looked so much stronger at the back with the added pace.
Happy enough with 3 points and a clean sheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.