Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As one of the 900 (our full allocation) who went the last time we visited in 2008 at the old Withdean athletics stadium the match day experience will be much improved this time (unless there's another shock!)If the wag who remarked"it's like watching from a different post code" is going he'll be able to see OK.

For those travelling by train getting to Brighton is fine,from there to Falmer can sometimes be difficult - suggest you allow lots of time.

Allow well over an hour from Brighton station. Odds on fans will have an extra pint and have an twinge of anxiety getting to the ground on time. Well over an hour is the recommendation for ordinary Championship games when the trains are working properly. Maybe more for the Premier League?

PS: play three at the back and it gives Brighton a sporting chance. Brighton will play 4-4-1-1 but both Baldock and Knockaert are already injured.

Can't remember looking forward to a season this much. Three at the back without doubt. Within seconds of the Brighton kick off they'll park the bus on the goal line between the posts and hope for the best. Two at the back - or is that just being cocky ? Lol....... When we play the better teams, looking forward to seeing Walker pin 'em back high up the pitch - a much underrated part of his game.

Thank Jesus, the season is almost upon us!

So many different line ups going through my head, but who will Pep pick, and what system will he go for against a Brighton team who will be desperate for a point on their return to the top flight.

I'm sure they will park the bus, and look to hit us on the counter - but finally we may just be a little less prone conceding on counter attacks due to our new found pace. We also look like we may be able to close the opposition down fast enough that they may not even get the chance to launch a meaningful attack - if the last three games are anything to go by.

Despite our wealth of attacking options, and having Kompamy back in full swing, I think Stones may well be the player whom Pep is building this team around. If he can help him to keep improving and we use the three at the back more often then we may see John turn into the perfect Pep player, turning defence into attack and could see him become the heir to Kompany's throne and be a real leader for this team.

Excited is an understatement.

My guess for the team is:

---------------------Ederson-----------------
-------Kompany----Stones----Otamendi--
Walker--------------Yaya-----------Danilo
-------------De Bruyne---Silva------------
--------------Jesus------Aguero-----------

Although I would love to see Sterling and Sane in there, and I would love him to go with the 433 from last season, although the only droppable player in that line up to me is Otamendi. Still not 100% sure he'll start Aguero though..

Come on City!
The way the team is shaping up, opposing counter attacks won't be as problematic as last year - we now have the personnel to rapidly get back into position (we won't need to over commit anyway). That's how it'll be against Maureen's basketball team when they park the bus and launch it. I reckon that only Spurs and maybe Liverpool, will take us on all over the pitch. Chelsea will be cagey against us and even Arsenal will choose their moments. We just have so many options in the opposing half - if Sergio doesn't get you, Jesus will etc ............

Last edited:
4-1-4-1 for me please

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Danilo

Dinho

Bernardo
Silva
Sterling
Sane

Aguero

Can't remember looking forward to a season this much. Three at the back without doubt. Within seconds of the Brighton kick off they'll park the bus on the goal line between the posts and hope for the best. Two at the back - or is that just being cocky ? Lol....... When we play the better teams, looking forward to seeing Walker pin 'em back high up the pitch - a much underrated part of his game.
They will give us a better game than the hammers just did,brighton are decent and full of confidence,take a win for granted and it'll be Cardiff all over again

They will give us a better game than the hammers just did,brighton are decent and full of confidence,take a win for granted and it'll be Cardiff all over again
Dominican-horse-homepage.png

but true !

4-1-4-1 for me please

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Danilo

Dinho

De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Sane

Aguero

I like the line up, just don't think Bernardo will start, think he'll be eased in. So I've replaced Bernardo with De bruyne.

Bring on Jesus for Aguero and Bernardo for KDB in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.