Brighton away ticket details

Im similar to you points wise and grounds,I had to stop some aways in noughtties when family came.No gripe with your mates but have got one with JCLs who came along with the money and built points up quickly via games and whoring.As always some twat who fancies a game on the coast shoving shit up his nose all weekend will probably be in my seat as hes got his off a points whore or a supporters club fiddle.If I cant get a ticket for an away like this dont see much point in having a season ticket after 40 years so will bin it I think.

System needs to change.
Just as a point of interest how does a JCL build up points via whoring surely he or she would need the points to get tickets to whore.

Just as a point of interest how does a JCL build up points via whoring surely he or she would need the points to get tickets to whore.
doesn't need to whore. buy a ticket in joe's and you get every game . its modern football, we want to sign a sanchez we sell up the seats, they then want something for their money, i.e. tickets to the swamp etc.

me and others have had to do it the hard way, but we have had more fun, it also means an awful lot more to us when we win something.
I wouldn't trade places with anyone. i'll be at Brighton too but with more dosh in my pocket :)

Just to make you all aware travelling down by train, There's strike action announced by southern rail for the best part of the week, so I could be near on impossible getting from Victoria to Falmer ( Brighton), also there's no parking anywhere near the ground. Just a heads up, I live less than ten miles away from The Amex and I won't be bothering to try to get a ticket unless by which it'll be too late to get a ticket the strike action is lifted.

What do you suggest then? Dismiss the old fans who’ve put in years and years of hard miles and who’ve quite properly and at great cost, acccrued the necessary points. With one or two exceptions, those with the greatest loyalty points are those that have been to the most games. And they, quite rightly, should always get first dibs at tickets. I did 5 seasons where I didn’t miss home and away, I’ve done 84 grounds with City, but I’m “only” on 15k points. Why? I stopped doing all the aways. But the lads I used to go with carried on. That’s why they now have 20k points. And why they always get a ticket for every single game, whilst I’ve missed out on a few I’d like to have gone to - last season’s derby for examle. But I can’t complain. It was my choice.

Nail on the head post. I wondered how long it would take before the usual suspects started dripping about not being able to get tickets. And so it begins .... Again.

What do you suggest then? Dismiss the old fans who’ve put in years and years of hard miles and who’ve quite properly and at great cost, acccrued the necessary points. With one or two exceptions, those with the greatest loyalty points are those that have been to the most games. And they, quite rightly, should always get first dibs at tickets. I did 5 seasons where I didn’t miss home and away, I’ve done 84 grounds with City, but I’m “only” on 15k points. Why? I stopped doing all the aways. But the lads I used to go with carried on. That’s why they now have 20k points. And why they always get a ticket for every single game, whilst I’ve missed out on a few I’d like to have gone to - last season’s derby for examle. But I can’t complain. It was my choice.

Good post, I've now started to pick and choose my away matches because of health problems which means that sometimes I miss out on a game I really want to attend because my points allocation is not keeping up as it used to. But that is my choice and if I miss a game hey ho, that's life. I've enjoyed the years of travelling and the only regret I have is that I won't see the 'old' stalwarts I usually see at away games.

What bugs me now though is that I won't be able to listen to Ian Cheeseman on Radio Manchester for those away games so I'll probably just go out and see the family!! :-)

The problem is the club is siphoning more and more tickets off for corporate/tourists etc and although we as individuals continue to go to as many aways as possible we are sliding further and further down the qualification scale and unable to go to more and more games.

Whilst I abhor the point whores, the main whore is the club and anyone who has been to Chelsea/Arsenal/Rags/Liverpool away will have witnessed the tourists and will confirm.

When will they start to announce NOT how many tickets have been received but how many are made available to ticket point qualifiers after they have distributed tickets to other sources?

They are taking us for mugs.

Last edited:
The problem is the club is siphoning more and more tickets off for corporate/tourists etc and although we as individuals continue to go to as many aways as possible we are sliding further and further down the qualification scale and unable to go to more and more games.

Whilst I abhor the point whores, the main whore is the club and anyone who has been to Chelsea/Arsenal/Rags/Liverpool away will have witnessed the tourists and will confirm.

When will they start to announce NOT how many tickets have been received but how many are made available to ticket point qualifiers after they have distributed tickets to other sources?

They are taking us for mugs.

Exactly.

Just to make you all aware travelling down by train, There's strike action announced by southern rail for the best part of the week, so I could be near on impossible getting from Victoria to Falmer ( Brighton), also there's no parking anywhere near the ground. Just a heads up, I live less than ten miles away from The Amex and I won't be bothering to try to get a ticket unless by which it'll be too late to get a ticket the strike action is lifted.

I can only find news on strikes planned for the first week of August. Game is on the 12th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.