Bristol City (A) LeagueCup SF 2nd Leg - PreMatch Thread

Bristol City v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How nice of you wishing an injury on one of our players.
Not my intention at all M lala, it was meant as a compliment as mentioned earlier. He's brilliant, sheer quality!
I'll rephrase it as I don't want to offend. Would you mind giving him a rest please? I'm sure he needs one. ;)

I’ve watched Cardiff a few times this season and they’re a bunch of cloggers. If the ref lets them get away with it (which he did in the games I saw) it will be a scrappy game and we’ll be lucky not to pick up any injuries. So I agree with putting out a weaker but more physical side against Cardiff

Good shout

We've looked totally burnt out at times TOK due to a small squad and a fair few injuries. The gubbing at Villa apart, we haven't been playing badly and. I'm sure, the semi final had had a part to play in our recent run of poor results. As we had no expectation of being where we are, there's no real upset but, once you put us out of the Carabao on Tuesday, we will, hopefully, get back to our previous form. The injured are slowly coing back and we're supposed to be signing a couple more so that should help as well.
When we were in the pub league (League 1) we did the Wembley thing in the JPT so appreciate what you say about the 'day out' but we haven't been in a major final since 1909 so Premier league opposition or not, IF we get there, we don't mind but getting there would be big for us.

I think you play some good football - better than the likes of Cardiff. It would be a shame to give up on the opportunity of going up for a good cup run. Good luck for the rest of the season with the exception of Tuesday :-)

I think you play some good football - better than the likes of Cardiff. It would be a shame to give up on the opportunity of going up for a good cup run. Good luck for the rest of the season with the exception of Tuesday :-)
Thanks again. This season (and the latter of last season) we've played some very nice football and we enjoy watching it as shown by our improved crowds but the semi is our first since 1989 so I'm sure you can understand why we've taken our eye of the ball a bit. Can we catch 2nd? We'll give it a go and see where we end up.
As for Cardiff, they're managed by Warnock so you know what to expect. It's not pretty but it's hard to stop. Niggly, physical when they need to be, cynical, ugly football. We beat them but it wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination and you can guarantee old Warnock will have something planned for you.

Thanks again. This season (and the latter of last season) we've played some very nice football and we enjoy watching it as shown by our improved crowds but the semi is our first since 1989 so I'm sure you can understand why we've taken our eye of the ball a bit. Can we catch 2nd? We'll give it a go and see where we end up.
As for Cardiff, they're managed by Warnock so you know what to expect. It's not pretty but it's hard to stop. Niggly, physical when they need to be, cynical, ugly football. We beat them but it wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination and you can guarantee old Warnock will have something planned for you.

My son is a Wolves season ticket holder and I went to the Wolves v Cardiff match - they won but kicked Wolves off the park and the ref let them get away with it. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to face them in the Cup as I can see more of the same. It’s not pretty but like you say effective if they’re allowed to do it.

If City are up for it we'll be OK, but if we slacken off we'll be in trouble. First goal will be vital. Get that and it will quieten the crowd and sap their belief.

Hi Cider. Can you recommend any pubs within walking distance of the ground that are away fans tolerant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.