Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

We have to cut the players a bit of slack for the lack of “ruthlessness” at the moment because they’re physically and mentally exhausted. The fixture pile up (Xmas/New Year) combined with the intensity of our pressing, movement off the ball and tactical work is just too much for everyone to be 100% at it every single game, it’s impossible.

On a side note I thought Bristol City were brilliant, they had a right go and tried playing football. Obviously they had no option but to defend for long periods but when they had the chance they played with no fear and deserve all the credit they’ll hopefully get. Like a few others have said, get a few of our lads on loan there.

He's making basic mistakes that are leading directly to most of the goals we have conceded of late.

Shit at present, class is permanent.
He looks like he has taken a confidence knock with the injury, or is wary of it happening again. Maybe thinking too much about that.

Not for me . Be professional play your best team zero sentiment. Imagine what some would stay if yaya started in place of fern or KDB . Same principle

Bollocks, imagine what message it sends to the fringe players, fuck off you’re not good enough when called upon.
I still maintain we lost to Wigan because players were fucked off Hart was back in instead of Pantillimon. Reckon some downed tools because of that.

Not for me . Be professional play your best team zero sentiment. Imagine what some would stay if yaya started in place of fern or KDB . Same principle
Exactly right.

Footballers are thick as fuck but not that thick to know that whatever decision is made is for the best for the club, not any individuals. Bernardo said that last night so he understands and he’s played every round so far.

Bollocks, imagine what message it sends to the fringe players, fuck off you’re not good enough when called upon.
I still maintain we lost to Wigan because players were fucked off Hart was back in instead of Pantillimon. Reckon some downed tools because of that.
If a player downs tools at any point for any reason he doesn’t have the personality to play for this club.

If pep has promised Bravo he will play in the domestic cup competitions, there is not a cat in hells chance he’ll go back on his word

If a player downs tools at any point for any reason he doesn’t have the personality to play for this club.

Do you not remember that final??

Peps said Bravo is the cup keeper so that’ll be that. You can’t start fucking around with the players like that or you lose all respect from them. The squad is tight knit and pep won’t want to upset that. It’ll be Bravo so everyone better get used to it.

Agree with you but it's an unwritten rule these days that the 2nd string keeper plays even if it's a final.

I remember being at Wembley inwardly seething when Willy was announced as the keeper instead of Joe against the scousers.

3 hours later I wasn't seething :-)
We were getting stick from the dippers in the hotel before the match for not playing Hart. They said nothing afterwards!

Three years earlier against Wigan, Mancini put Hart in goal instead of Pantillimon who had played in every match up to the final. Guess what? Hart was beaten by a header that Pantillimon would have plucked out of the air without having to jump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.