Bristol City HOME game tickets

People having a go at part timers like me,let me fill you in some details, I have a season card in east level 3,I care for my partner overnight and hold down a job,due to a combination of extra care over the holidays and other personal issues I am not fit and well enough to attend tonight much as I would love to,I have been able to attend 4 home matches this season as I do not feel comfortable being away from home for that long,in fact it’s easier for me to pop round to the pub nearby and be home 10 minutes after the final whistle and avoid the travelling time from 5 miles away from the ground.I am sure there must be many more Carers like me who just cannot plan that far in advance when you are looking after a loved one and have to sacrifice things that others may take for granted as I used to.
It doesn’t make me less of a supporter my first match attended was in 1970 and people perhaps need to realise that there are many varied and complicated reasons why local life long Blues like me just cannot be there.

Would not worry or feel the need to justify yourself,

What comes with success is the pathetic self righteousness of certain fans who feel they're now up the pecking order in the 'fan tables' just cause City are perceivably the best team in the country,
City is a platform for us to all enjoy and during our ONE fucking lifetime so why can't people just enjoy it the best THEY can.
It makes me gag when I see people making out they are better fans than other because they're going to a certain game and looking down upon those who cant make every game.

We have had 8 home games in circa 6 weeks, the majority during weeknights, and it pisses me off even when Pep suggests the fans were quiet or not as supportive as they could be,
Sometimes it can become too much when people like the above have their own personal issues to deal with along with supporting city,

I have a season ticket and have done alone since I was old enough to come on the train without a parent and have missed probably 4/5 away games this season plus Napoli and Donetsk for obvious reasons,
However on Saturday I literally gave my ticket away in the morning to help a mates team out and play football instead. Some people on this forum would look down their nose at that even and suggest I dont deserve a ticket should we get to the final, get a grip.
We all have lives and whilst City is at the heart of it, it certainly doesnt revolve around making every game at any time at all costs.

A fan like @WEMBLEY76 has as much right to see themselves as die hard as any of those in this thread, as he supports the club the best he can.

Last edited:
Well said Danny Johnson,I actually gave my season card away to a blue in the pub at the Watford match as I know it’s going to be difficult to attend that many games of what is left of the season,I don’t know much about him but I noticed he was in there most games watching City,took his mobile no and actually I said I want first dibs on the rags and Huddersfield last match as if I can get to any those are my choices,he just said let me know which games you want,I will probably get called a glory hunter wanting to attend high profile games,ie a chance to be presented with the pl trophy however I know my games are limited and can and probably will make extra efforts to get care cover for those special games as with everything in my life it’s about getting a balance between looking after someone and being able to get away for an afternoon to switch off and relax.

The ticket prices for tonight’s game is good, but still as it’s just after Christmas and all the kids are fully back in school maybe they should of done a kid for a quid we could of easily sold out then.

Furthermore I was lucky to get a £299 season card this season I am giving away probably £100 worth of matches for my own reason and offering a young blue a chance to go free of charge so the seat isn’t totally wasted.
I worked as a steward at the club for 10 years until 2013,as I couldn’t afford to go then.Next season I may well not be able to afford a proper price seat but that decision has to be taken against a background of what else is going on life wise and I will make it as the time comes.

Think we do well with attendances - none of the big teams that fill the ground do it without tourists. We are just further down the tourist pecking order for but that’ll change in time.

Everyone has their own valid reasons for not attending. Although if it was united it would be sold out simple !

The last time we played United in our first semi final for 30 odd years, it only sold out in the last week of sale. Admittedly the ticket prices were high but they didn't fly off the shelves even then.

30,000 in cup scheme? Ha ha no chance. My mate who hadn't been to one game in the league cup,got a final ticket last time with 4000 Points and it didn't sell out until a few days later. More like 10,000 tops.

Agree, don't know many that are on the cup scheme, other than me!

It must be somewhere between 10-15 especially for League Cup, probably more for FA and CL.

I doubt it would be much more for either. Look how we struggled to sell the semi final last year in the FA Cup. 10-15k tops in all cup comps I reckon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.