Bristol City HOME game tickets

The last time we played United in our first semi final for 30 odd years, it only sold out in the last week of sale. Admittedly the ticket prices were high but they didn't fly off the shelves even then.

30,000 in cup scheme? Ha ha no chance. My mate who hadn't been to one game in the league cup,got a final ticket last time with 4000 Points and it didn't sell out until a few days later. More like 10,000 tops.

But it did sell out. We're 8 years further on now with more support. With the prices and 8k Bristol anything less than 50k is poor.
We seem to be the only team whereby weather and night games effect the turn out. Given we're all from Manchester !!!

People having a go at part timers like me,let me fill you in some details, I have a season card in east level 3,I care for my partner overnight and hold down a job,due to a combination of extra care over the holidays and other personal issues I am not fit and well enough to attend tonight much as I would love to,I have been able to attend 4 home matches this season as I do not feel comfortable being away from home for that long,in fact it’s easier for me to pop round to the pub nearby and be home 10 minutes after the final whistle and avoid the travelling time from 5 miles away from the ground.I am sure there must be many more Carers like me who just cannot plan that far in advance when you are looking after a loved one and have to sacrifice things that others may take for granted as I used to.
It doesn’t make me less of a supporter my first match attended was in 1970 and people perhaps need to realise that there are many varied and complicated reasons why local life long Blues like me just cannot be there.
Dont have to justify yourself all the best mate

Last edited:
It's stupid putting on semi finals midweek after Christmas and New Year, people skint, kids back at school and getting to exam season and irrelevant but there will be plenty missing tonight with illness. I'm going and understand completely why some others can't but from our non official supporters group a few are not going because they can't be arsed.

I think the fixture list should be rescheduled, take one Christmas League game out, play the semi finals of the League Cup one off mid week game before Christmas (when fans have cash and are winding down from work are and generally more able and motivated to attend) and play the FA Cup rounds to a finish. Could also have a general fund to distribute to all non Premier League participants who make it to the third round and pay the Premier Clubs about 25% of the fund with all other Clubs getting 75%, is that a bit too radical?

Also the season finishes too early, 13th May, Champions League is the 26th and the World Cup doesn't start until the 14th June. Surely the season could have run a week longer with games scheduled for the 19th creating more flexibility in the calendar.

The fact is City are one of the best supported club in the country and know one needs to justify why they dont go to a game .With the games coming thick and fast you would need very deep pockets to attend all of them .

Meanwhile, because I was tardy enough to leave booking my usual 3 tickets for Burnley until last Tuesday, it was sold out and I missed my first F.A. Cup home game in 40 years. Thanks Johnny Come Lately and your crew who will be competing for Cup final tickets when we get there.

The City loyalty scheme is buggered and needs a good looking at, buying double points, allowing those in the cup schemes to jump the queue even though they may have only had a season ticket for next to no time, absolute bollox.

Oh and Cyber Blue, I get your circumstances, exception, not the rule. There are thousands of others who simply could go but don't bother!

Cheers Don I used to be a member of your Prestwich & Whitefield supporters club and read your book about Navy life etc,had some fantastic nights in the club especially when you got Kevin Keegan in it brought the house down.
Your hard work and dedication in running that supporters club was greatly appreciated by many,including me.

Meanwhile, because I was tardy enough to leave booking my usual 3 tickets for Burnley until last Tuesday, it was sold out and I missed my first F.A. Cup home game in 40 years. Thanks Johnny Come Lately and your crew who will be competing for Cup final tickets when we get there.

The City loyalty scheme is buggered and needs a good looking at, buying double points, allowing those in the cup schemes to jump the queue even though they may have only had a season ticket for next to no time, absolute bollox.

So how long is a JCL supposed to wait before being allowed the priveldge of buying a ticket ?

People don't seem to grasp that, as much as we take the piss out of the rags for their out of town support, a PL survey showed that over a third of our regulars travelled a significant distance.

Some will be there tonight I'm sure but the majority, with work, travel, kids at school, probably won't. Of the 17 friends & family I know, at least half a dozen won't be there tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.