Bristol City vs Bristol Rovers

Ruhr said:
what´s the difference between the clubs?

Bristol City better supported,mainly from the more affluent areas of bristol and surrounding areas.
Rovers the working mens club and very local support.
Sound familiar??
They fuckin hate each other with a passioin,particularly the Rovers fans,i believe they call themselves 'gasheads'......generally,Not 'hooligan' wise.
Alledgedly the PA announcer at Rovers years ago was sacked for introducing the City substitute as "Junior Bent...and i bet he is!"

southamptonblue said:
Ruhr said:
what´s the difference between the clubs?

Bristol City better supported,mainly from the more affluent areas of bristol and surrounding areas.
Rovers the working mens club and very local support.
Sound familiar??
They fuckin hate each other with a passioin,particularly the Rovers fans,i believe they call themselves 'gasheads'......generally,Not 'hooligan' wise.
Alledgedly the PA announcer at Rovers years ago was sacked for introducing the City substitute as "Junior Bent...and i bet he is!"

There is normally quite a lot of aggro.

Im not sure where you get the fact that City are supported by the more affluent areas of Bristol though. City are the South of the River team, and south of the river in Bristol is considerably less well off than the north, where Rovers play.

Both do attract fans from the rougher areas of Bristol though, whilst its Bedminster, Knowle and Southville for city its Southmead, Henbury and Filton for Rovers.

They do really hate each other though. Bedminster will be in a right state tomorrow. The fact that they rarely play each other is a factor (although I think that there was a pre-season friendly a year ago) will play its part.

Should be a good old fashioned game. Hoping for a high scoring game. Would imagine it will be a 17k sell out, which must be a record for R1 of the JPT?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm more of a Bristol City man myself.

Saw Bristol City quite a bit when I was at college in the 60s. Felt a bit grubby when they played in red. Even saw 'em beat the only City. One goal I remember was a loop into the MCFC area, hit a BC feller on the head and into the goal for the second. I was the most pissed off person in Bristol for a week! Come on, Rovers!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.