Brit Floyd

denislawsbackheel

Team supported
We went to Rotherham…
playing at the Bridgewater On 18/03/18.

Tickets just gone on sale.

They are really rather good and well worth the £29 I just paid for a stalls ticket.

It was bloody amazing!

Started at 20.00 and played to well past 23.00.

A great tribute band.

It was bloody amazing!

Started at 20.00 and played to well past 23.00.

A great tribute band.
It was indeed,i had a great night.

The term 'Tribute band' is almost disrespectful,it certainly doesn't do such a wonderful group of musicians justice.I urge anyone who enjoys Pink floyd to see this band,you will be hard pushed to differentiate in terms of quality.

Thanks again for making this thread,i probably wouldn't have attended otherwise.

Last edited:
class band,,only recently came across them in error on a youtube search and now cant stop lisening to brick in the wall at red rocks, would love to see them if they come to the north west

class band,,only recently came across them in error on a youtube search and now cant stop lisening to brick in the wall at red rocks, would love to see them if they come to the north west
When they were last playing at the red rocks, I very seriously considered flying over to go and see them. Even my missus - who is a lot younger than me and who finds my old fogey music very dull - was up for it. I'm regretting I didn't go now.

It was indeed,i had a great night.

The term 'Tribute band' is almost disrespectful,it certainly doesn't do such a wonderful group of musicians justice.I urge anyone who enjoys Pink floyd to see this band,you will be hard pushed to differentiate in terms of quality.

Thanks again for making this thread,i probably wouldn't have attended otherwise.
I've seen an interview with David Gilmour where he said they were better musicians than Floyd ever were. (He actually said this of Aussie Floyd, but Brit Floyd was formed by Aussie Floyd's Damian Darlington and incorporated several Aussie Floyd band members. Damian said at the time that there were more British musicians in Aussie Floyd than there were Australian, so he wanted to change the name and that's when the split happened.)

I've seen an interview with David Gilmour where he said they were better musicians than Floyd ever were. (He actually said this of Aussie Floyd, but Brit Floyd was formed by Aussie Floyd's Damian Darlington and incorporated several Aussie Floyd band members. Damian said at the time that there were more British musicians in Aussie Floyd than there were Australian, so he wanted to change the name and that's when the split happened.)
Cheers,i didnt know any of that as i had never shown any interest in this band,ignorantly i was always of the mind set that tribute acts weren't really up to much.
How wrong i was :-)

Cheers,i didnt know any of that as i had never shown any interest in this band,ignorantly i was always of the mind set that tribute acts weren't really up to much.
How wrong i was :-)
They are that good, Gilmour actually booked them for his 50th Birthday party! And I am pretty sure (though I can't find the link) that some of the Floyd band members have guested with them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.