British Gas

bluemoonmatt

So it seems one of the countries largest energy suppliers is concerned that contributing 574 million pounds to its parent companies 2.2billion pound profit is not sufficient and its therefore 'forced' to increase prices by 12.5%, twelve and a half percent. currently 9.4% more than inflation and god know how much more than cost of living rises most of us benefit from. Thank god I binned this lot off some time ago, although lets be honest most of these subhuman profiteering scumbags will probably now follow suit, at least to some extent. In the immortal words of one of our former managers, I would love it, LOVE IT, if their customers left en masse and the once mighty British Gas go bust, lets see how much champers there is to quaff at the shareholders AGM then.

Just switched a week ago, thankfully and saving around £300 a year and that is before this announcement

So it seems one of the countries largest energy suppliers is concerned that contributing 574 million pounds to its parent companies 2.2billion pound profit is not sufficient and its therefore 'forced' to increase prices by 12.5%, twelve and a half percent. currently 9.4% more than inflation and god know how much more than cost of living rises most of us benefit from. Thank god I binned this lot off some time ago, although lets be honest most of these subhuman profiteering scumbags will probably now follow suit, at least to some extent. In the immortal words of one of our former managers, I would love it, LOVE IT, if their customers left en masse and the once mighty British Gas go bust, lets see how much champers there is to quaff at the shareholders AGM then.
British Gas will not go bust as its owned by Centrica, one of the biggest energy companies in the world. Also its worth pointing out that they are the last of the big six energy companies in the UK to announce a price rise although 12.9% rise is very high

I thought the tories promised an energy price cap?
Apparently they're trying to blame 'government policy' for forcing the rise (along with distribution costs). Well they cant blame wholesale costs this time as they have gone down. Now I fucking hate the tories but that is just absurd

I am afraid this is the result of selling off "our" asset - those profits could have gone into "our" coffers or the decision could be made to hold prices down for the greater good.

This is "regulated" market forces at work folks - "the Man" sticking it to us little guys but we did allow it to happen. Sid is laughing his fucking cock off at us !

I switched to octopus energy a year ago for both gas and electric and I'm quite happy

Oh and did I mention

Winter is coming....

I am afraid this is the result of selling off "our" asset - those profits could have gone into "our" coffers or the decision could be made to hold prices down for the greater good.

This is "regulated" market forces at work folks - "the Man" sticking it to us little guys but we did allow it to happen. Sid is laughing his fucking cock off at us !

Yes, shares had a good upward trajectory today. 2.47% in one day. You wouldn't get that with an ISA.

There's lots of little Sids about. The percentage increase is a bit crap though.

Get a wood burner, saved loads over the four years I've had mine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.