Bruno Zuculini

It's not ott at all even in the slightest.

He didn't sign for 'two Spanish clubs' he signed for City. And he didn't get a good chance at either Spanish club, at all, the circumstances were very difficult.

It is City's job to look after him after uprooting him here from Argentina. If you can't picture that, imagine if he was your kid, who had tried all his life to be a top footballer, trusted a club wanted him, & uprooted & was now stranded in Argentina.

Way too easy imo. And even so we are simply guessing. We took him in and obviously with a plan. The player and his agent -who should know a thing or two about football- saw a decent chance and went for it. I don't know why it didn't come off in Spain with two clubs and I'm sure it was evaluated. He did have a decent preseason last year and now, but the friendlies played during that period (because that is what you are referring to) are just a small part of what impression a player makes to a manager (Pellegrini) and his staff. Credit to the lad to work his socks off and try to show his best, something that is the least you might expect from a young player given an opportunity, but sometimes it's not enough.
Now, City bought him, City needs to take responsibillity, and if the player has no immediate future at the club they loan him and see how he develops, or sell him (Pozo). Apparently neither has happened, so the lad has an immediate future with us and he wants to fight for a place. Or we told him we had no plans with him, we would not loan him out and he needed to understand to just sit in the stands and collect his salary. Can't believe the club did the latter, the player wouldn't accept the latter and his agent wouldn't and shouldn't accept it either. And too many Argies around in our squad to let that happen as well. So what did or will happened?
Again, we are only guessing. But I stick to my earlier comment that the players' agent should be the one looking after him and make sure his client gets what's best for him. Obviously that includes talks with Pellegrini and Txiki. Look at the agent of Denayer after we got Otamendi in ... straight at it and Denayer can now try and continue his progress at Galatasaray, no minows imo. Still, there might come a club around that taks Zuculini on loan and we are being too hasty putting in comments on his position that - again- we now nothing about.

I feel the same now as I did when we signed him - genuinely baffled

This is what I posted when he first arrived, primarily based in info from my brother who was based in South America and quite literally, went to 1,000 or so games in the less than 4 years he was living in Buenos Aires
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...officially-a-blue.287519/page-34#post-7914461

The reaction on here to my doubts fell into two camps - on one side, those who said he would never play, that this was more about relationship building with a South American club, that we would sell him for a profit etc and on the other, a Txiki love in with posters saying, for example:

Tbf mate I don't know if your brothers amazing with his football knowledge. But we're talking about some of the best men in the business deciding a signing is good enough for whatever reason, I've never seen zuculini play myself but I'm gonna trust txiki and our scouting team that he must have something that makes him worthy of being at our club. Of course your brother could be right but let's just hope not

He's never really looked likely to play for our 1st team so again, just a little baffled by the whole episode. You do wonder if it was part of a wider plan that we will never know, for instance relationship building with an agent/club, or if we genuinely thought he might have a future in our 1st team ?

I think that Bruno was a fall back option this year to be honest. If we missed any of our targets he would have got a squad place but with very little chance of getting a game. As of about a week ago when KDB became a matter of time it was clear he wasn’t going to get in the squad.
It’s up to the club and his agent to sort something out for him but I can’t help but thing that whatever went on with him in Spain last year is having an impact. The club can’t be blamed for that.

I think that Bruno was a fall back option this year to be honest. If we missed any of our targets he would have got a squad place but with very little chance of getting a game. As of about a week ago when KDB became a matter of time it was clear he wasn’t going to get in the squad.
It’s up to the club and his agent to sort something out for him but I can’t help but thing that whatever went on with him in Spain last year is having an impact. The club can’t be blamed for that.
The club is responsible for bringing him over here & offering him a job. He is not self employed he works for Manchester City & they have gone out & asked him to leave his home country & come & work for Manchester City.

I am trusting that they have a plan for him because we have top people working in that department. But again, we have a player extra than we planned for due to Otamendi coming in & Mangala staying here. This could possibly be another player, like Denayer, who may have been in the picture but now has to leave because of it.

What is the transfer window situation re South America & MLS ?

I feel the same now as I did when we signed him - genuinely baffled

This is what I posted when he first arrived, primarily based in info from my brother who was based in South America and quite literally, went to 1,000 or so games in the less than 4 years he was living in Buenos Aires
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/t...officially-a-blue.287519/page-34#post-7914461

The reaction on here to my doubts fell into two camps - on one side, those who said he would never play, that this was more about relationship building with a South American club, that we would sell him for a profit etc and on the other, a Txiki love in with posters saying, for example:

Tbf mate I don't know if your brothers amazing with his football knowledge. But we're talking about some of the best men in the business deciding a signing is good enough for whatever reason, I've never seen zuculini play myself but I'm gonna trust txiki and our scouting team that he must have something that makes him worthy of being at our club. Of course your brother could be right but let's just hope not

He's never really looked likely to play for our 1st team so again, just a little baffled by the whole episode. You do wonder if it was part of a wider plan that we will never know, for instance relationship building with an agent/club, or if we genuinely thought he might have a future in our 1st team ?
Looks like your red bro was right and our scouts were wrong. As you say worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.