Bruno Zuculini

What was the point of signing him?
If you can sign a young player that has looked pretty solid for £1-2m, then it's typically a good idea. That is absolute peanuts to City. If you loan him out and he's successful, you can probably flip him immediately for £5-10m. If not, you're out very little and you probably eventually sell him for around the price you acquired him for. Player trading is an important part of revenue generation and things like this are always worth a shot.

Boro on a months loan.

Probably extend till January and then I hope he gets Demichelis' spot when Demi (it seems likely) goes back to River!

Comment from the oneboro fan forum -

I'd see this as more temporary cover - with Lead and Clayton one booking away from a ban and Forshaw injured the options over the next 3/4 games could be really limited, after that I'd see Zucchini going back and Stephens warming the bench again.

Sounds like he'll really have to impress to extend his stay.

Good luck to him, I think some people are forgetting he's actually a pretty decent footballer and if he puts his work in should be getting into that team no problem.

The oneboro forum thought BZ played well in the the victory over Charlton ...

What did people think of Zuculini? I thought he had a tidy game, got himself about and seemed to work well with Clayts.. Seems he's got a shot on him and not scared to shoot from outside the box.
Misplaced a few passes but other than that I was impressed. He looks quite big and really drove us forward at times today, potentially the midfielder me and CT were asking for in the summer? I hope so.
I was thinking about this after the game. In a week we have discovered two midfielders who can step in at a moments notice. Stephens was immense on Wed night and today Zuculini was comfortable and drove us forward. I loved hearing him having a go at players to. Told everyone to calm down after Fabbrini got flattened and was demanding the ball all the time, great to see.
I noticed that as well with him actually, he put too much power on a few passes, causing them to go out of touch. He was good other than that though. Especially his shot - would have been a screamer if it had gone in!
Zuculini frustrated me at times because when there were opportunities to push forward he passed backwards or sideways. This did result in a few groans. But he's a nice tidy player and looked comfortable in that defensive midfield role and very nearly scored a spectacular goal.​

Whoscored.com gave him a 7.93 rating with 87.2% on 93 touches - sounds like he hit the post on a long-range effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.