BT Sport

It's shame for Blues how have nothing to cancel I bet that it's been more than a little satisfying having them email or phone you just to hear your complaint of how fucking awful they are on the whole where football is concerned.

I don't think Goater would be great actually. More to the point, none of these are well enough known to anyone coming in in the last 10 years. None had stellar international careers or won much domestically. Studio pundits need to be recognisable to some degree.

It still comes back to the studio people needing to be objective and good at what they're there for. If City are awful, and one player has a shocker, then there's nothing wrong with that being highlighted, and even better if they can offer explanation of why it's happening or how to fix it. As it is, they default to sniping at the club generally, or unbacked abuse. A case in point is Mangala. He's had a few shockers, but I would expect a pundit to be able to spot that one recurring reason is the left back being miles out of position, leaving a massive hole which Mangala is unsure of how to cover.

a)MMA, your London base probably means that you don't listen to BBC GMR (That's BBC Greater Manchester Radio for you southern folk) up until tis year and for many years The Goat was an excellent player pundit on GMR's coverage of City games, home and away...most footy fans that I know north and south know of the Goat and your '10 year' rule is actually a bit meaningless for the overwhelming majority of the footy-watching public... so we sack of Gary Lineker, Steve Claridge (hey there's a temptation) Martin keown, Ina wright etc etc etc??? What nonsense
b) Yes , criticise poor play, poor tactics etc , fine
The problem is that BT et al usually a total failure to be man enough to give us praise where it's due

I don't think Goater would be great actually. More to the point, none of these are well enough known to anyone coming in in the last 10 years. None had stellar international careers or won much domestically. Studio pundits need to be recognisable to some degree.

It still comes back to the studio people needing to be objective and good at what they're there for. If City are awful, and one player has a shocker, then there's nothing wrong with that being highlighted, and even better if they can offer explanation of why it's happening or how to fix it. As it is, they default to sniping at the club generally, or unbacked abuse. A case in point is Mangala. He's had a few shockers, but I would expect a pundit to be able to spot that one recurring reason is the left back being miles out of position, leaving a massive hole which Mangala is unsure of how to cover.
Its never how well weve played or outplayed the opposition its always how bad/poorly the opposition have played , all any fan wants from so called pundits is fair unbiased and balanced opinions , taking off my blue tinted specs we never get that from BT and its always ex rags commenting , BT or sky will never get a penny from me whilst they spout their bile

Its never how well weve played or outplayed the opposition its always how bad/poorly the opposition have played , all any fan wants from so called pundits is fair unbiased and balanced opinions , taking off my blue tinted specs we never get that from BT and its always ex rags commenting , BT or sky will never get a penny from me whilst they spout their bile
This... all day long Lack of grace , lack of balls, lack of class

a)MMA, your London base probably means that you don't listen to BBC GMR (That's BBC Greater Manchester Radio for you southern folk) up until tis year and for many years The Goat was an excellent player pundit on GMR's coverage of City games, home and away...most footy fans that I know north and south know of the Goat and your '10 year' rule is actually a bit meaningless for the overwhelming majority of the footy-watching public... so we sack of Gary Lineker, Steve Claridge (hey there's a temptation) Martin keown, Ina wright etc etc etc??? What nonsense
b) Yes , criticise poor play, poor tactics etc , fine
The problem is that BT et al usually a total failure to be man enough to give us praise where it's due

You're right, I don't listen to GMR! When I was up there, I was more of a Piccadilly/Key 103 type.
I was going off what I have seen/heard of him, but he may have come on a lot recently.

All of those you name (well except Claridge) are England internationals/champions who went straight into top level TV appearances, so their level of recognition neverdropped away. Almost no City player has that level of recognition.

I'm not defending BT punditry, just why there aren't many City names known for being City names. That being my view, I want some insight from whoever is on!

You're right, I don't listen to GMR! When I was up there, I was more of a Piccadilly/Key 103 type.
I was going off what I have seen/heard of him, but he may have come on a lot recently.

All of those you name (well except Claridge) are England internationals/champions who went straight into top level TV appearances, so their level of recognition neverdropped away. Almost no City player has that level of recognition.

I'm not defending BT punditry, just why there aren't many City names known for being City names. That being my view, I want some insight from whoever is on!
I think you're right, there isnt anyone easily recognisable /acceptable to the general football watching public. I am looking at the current crop though and wondering who would achieve that for City. I would hope Kompany or zaba or yaya could break into TV punditry

Alot needs to be learnt from other sports and how I've seen lads who've literally put their bodies on the line playing rugby and shown passion for their clubs will be impartial when commentating on Rugby.

The same applies with other sports I watch such as MMA/Boxing/NHL where this element of respect remains and the pundits will provide analytical constructive criticism in an impartial way.

I'm not asking for a Blue lovefest with Ian cheeseman and the like, I just expect what I see whilst watching other sports.

I've seen boxers who've shown significant rivalry/hatred against another boxer actually praising this boxer whilst he's competing against someone else.

Yet in football they act like little children, spitting their dummies and if anything I'll blame my football club Manchester City for this...

Why?

Because we are soft arses, simple as....

We don't want to offend anyone.

I'd ban all them pundit cunts from the stadium, and happily pay any fines occur.
Cut them at the throats and they'll have to release a public statement as to why they cannot broadcast City matches.

You'll soon see a change of tide.

Fully agree but it will never happen as this holistic bollocks approach to everything is biting us on the arse. Club needs backbone and the media department (if we have one) need to earn their coin and toughen up, suggest putting Summerbee in charge of all PR from now on. Let them want us and not us want them as things are changing!!

On a final note I do tend to agree with a couple of posters about the mass negativity towards us being something to do with who owns us, it appears a power play between historical enemies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.