BT Sport

If you look at it from City's point of view, and only from City's point of view, there may be some validity in what you say. BT may think it's quite acceptable to act as though it's audience is actually a small club of members who pay a subscription to have a dig at a rival. If this is the case it should not be a surprise to Simon Green. Their audience is, however, nothing of the kind. It became apparent that the audience for BT matches is small and getting smaller, especially for CL matches compared to viewing figures last season. And many of those most vehement in their complaints were not (at least claimed not to be) City fans at all, but English people outraged that the coverage of the last English team in the CL included a Frenchman who was an ex-PSG player, to tell us why PSG would win and to support the French team and an Englishman who admitted freely he was hoping the English team would lose. The presenter then admitted it was hard to get their "expert analyst" to utter one word of praise for an English team which had progressed two rounds at least further than any other English team. Simon Green should go, not because he doesn't support City, not because he doesn't insist that we don't come in for criticism but for the simple reason that he is responsible for a channel which takes subscriptions from viewers and then doesn't even ensure basic editorial standards. The presenter was not up to the task, the expert analysts were never going to be objective and that was obvious to anyone and everyone, but Jake Humphrey was so spineless that he allowed a programme to degenerate minute by minute to its nadir when those analysts were invited to insult those who had paid for tickets for the match rather than for BT's coverage and this managed to insult the patriotism of all those watching. Great television. Well done Simon. Rio Ferdinand, ex-England international.

well said.

btw I wrote to simon greens boss. Doesnt matter that her reply was poor, but she knew what I was referring to and it always helps to have someone higher up the chain be aware.

But it;s a fact that this will even itself out, the more succesful we are, the more fans there will be, the more BT will want to pander to them

Good work.

Unfortunately I expect wio scholes and others are on a year contract being paid a retainer to be pundits of their coverage probably because they justify it with they have champions league experience. Consequently at this stage they won't want to pay twice with new punters. Sorry but the rest of the country won't really remember Lakey! And having monopolised the champions league by paying a fortune want big names. I know they are horrible but they are big names.

The coverage is poor and the pundits poor. The bigger issue is the monopoly of the champions league on a minnow channel means it gets little coverage on other channels, itv used to be big on champions league and as terrestrial it was beamed into the homes of everyone in the uk. Equally when on sky as well as itv the competition got significant coverage on those channels esp sky sports news. It was a big thing.

It gets really very little coverage now on those channels and the coverage on bt is awful. Pundits, camera angles , analysis . Just the whole competition does not get the profile it should. Consequently if this continues fans will switch off from the competition altogether. City fans have not always embraced Europe like others and I do worry that relegating such an important competition to bt will have significant affects on the popularity with fans. Clubs will still love it because of the global appeal and money but let's face it if God forbid city don't get 4th or above are you really going to give two shits about th champions league and certainly not enough to pay the monthly subscription.

And who gives shit if Howard Webb thinks it's a penalty or not. He ain't reffing anymore.
We all hold our own opinions on such incidents.

And who gives shit if Howard Webb thinks it's a penalty or not. He ain't reffing anymore.
We all hold our own opinions on such incidents.

Exactly haha, i always think he is like the bloke next to you at the pub giving his expert opinion to everybody who does not want it.
It is a little shiny add on that does not work, like go faster stripes.

Watching "how to win"on TV.

Science says repeating something means we are more likely to take it as truth than the truth itself.

Hence the constant empty seat and crap atmosphere comments does have an effect on even city fans who aren't at the game

If you watched tonight, you just witnessed the absolute opposite to our games. So much delusion towards Liverpool from Mcmanaman and Owen it was unbelievable. Mcmanaman basically had a 20 minute meltdown on TV.

Watching "how to win"on TV.

Science says repeating something means we are more likely to take it as truth than the truth itself.

Hence the constant empty seat and crap atmosphere comments does have an effect on even city fans who aren't at the game
There are a number of posters who say we should just ignore all the negativity
Although I tend to agree with the premise that if you keep repeating the lie without opposition it eventually becomes the truth.

Although I tend to agree with the premise that if you keep repeating the lie without opposition it eventually becomes the truth.
It's absolutely true.

There's muppets at work that 'support' (follow the teams on tv) Chelsea, Arsenal, yoonited, spuds, neverton and others and ALL of them spout the 'emptyhad' jibe, it makes me laugh. Funny thing is the apprentice at work is a Bournemouth fan (I live and work on the south coast) and he came to the game at our place when we spanked them, then when, due to someone dropping out late notice, he took the ticket for the semi-final this week.

He loved it both times, in his words to comments about a shite atmosphere: 'You must be joking, where we were for the game there was a great atmosphere, everyone singing/chanting all game with just a couple of quiet-ish moments'. I haven't needed to add anything.

While I wouldn't in any way equate BT Sport's coverage of us with the 27-year cover up over Hillsborough, this week's inquest verdicts shows that you have to fight the lies as people are only too ready to believe them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.