BT to charge everyone extra £5 For BT sport

BT Sport are the major players now.

Sky are going down, slowly but surely.

Can't bring myself to sign up whilst that twat Owen is there and now slippy G, at least with sky Tyler must be comming up to retiring,

Can't bring myself to sign up whilst that twat Owen is there and now slippy G, at least with sky Tyler must be comming up to retiring,

Think Tyler will get carried out before he retires.

Here's the info on charges, BT Sport Lite is the current package

2015_06_09_11_32_57_News_media.jpg

I'm on BT for Broadand but Sky for HD TV.

I just rang BT to discuss the options. Was told I could either pay £5 + £4 (HD option) = £9 per month

or

I could get a Starter YouView box with BT Sport for free - this would cost £35 activation fee but no monthly costs at all. This would be in HD too.
Only problem is the box has to be connected to a router - there's no wireless capability. He mentioned something about using plug sockets (extra £30)

I'm on BT for Broadand but Sky for HD TV.

I just rang BT to discuss the options. Was told I could either pay £5 + £4 (HD option) = £9 per month

or

I could get a Starter YouView box with BT Sport for free - this would cost £35 activation fee but no monthly costs at all. This would be in HD too.
Only problem is the box has to be connected to a router - there's no wireless capability. He mentioned something about using plug sockets (extra £30)
Yes they supply what they call "broadband extenders", one plugs in to a power point near your home hub with an ethernet cable into the hub and the second plugs in near the set-top box with an ethernet cable into the box.

Yes they supply what they call "broadband extenders", one plugs in to a power point near your home hub with an ethernet cable into the hub and the second plugs in near the set-top box with an ethernet cable into the box.

Cheers lancs - I assume they work ok or they wouldn't be flogging them.
I think this seems like a good deal - even if it costs me £65 in total to set up with the "broadband extenders". It would cost me over £100 otherwise and I get to keep the box

I could renew but not sure I want to be tied up for another contract

Cheers lancs - I assume they work ok or they wouldn't be flogging them.
I think this seems like a good deal - even if it costs me £65 in total to set up with the "broadband extenders". It would cost me over £100 otherwise and I get to keep the box

I could renew but not sure I want to be tied up for another contract
Yes they work fine, had them a few years ago the new one are a lot less cumbersome as well.
Edit If your main bt socket is within 10 metres of your T.V you can get an engineer to fit a cable from the socket to the hub if you can place the hub near the T.V. Not sure if they charge for an engineer when you order a youview box.

I phoned BT yesterday to clarify my new costs as I am a BT broadband customer but watch BT Sport via the Sky platform on channels 413, 414 and 417. The phone call I made was prompted by an eMail I received yesterday outlining the £5 monthly fee to watch 414 - BT Sport Europe and the £4 pm HD fee. They gave me a breakdown of the costs.

They confirmed to me that they were intending to charge me the £4 pm HD fee. When I pointed out to the guy I was speaking to that I do not have an HD box he confirmed that they would cancel the £4 monthly fee and it would take immediate effect from 11/6/15. Of course, if I had not noticed the small reference to the £4 monthly fee, they would have charged me for a facility that didn't exist.

I'd urge anyone in the same boat as me to make sure that BT are contacted on 0800 917 3650 to stop them trousering £48 for a facility that is not being provided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.