Buddhism

I am married to a buddhist (theravarda) and my kids and in laws are buddhists. I must say I find it a very welcoming and tempting way of life.
I lived on SEA for a while when in my late teens/early twenties and amongst budhists and knew a few monks (my brother in law became one for a year) and think it helped me grow into a better person.

You don't have to be a veggie btw unless you are a novice or a monk, but I got a bollocking from me mother in law for killing mozzies in a temple once (fine outside but temples were sacred).

I also liked that no one in my time there tried to convert me, it was my choice to stay a catholic/atheist or not, I wasn't asinner or dammed for not following the path, each to their own was their opinion.

Shaved my head donned a lovely set of tangerine robes and was marching down to the local Mosque with an AK 47 and 6 grenades before I realised i had read it wrong. :)

read a few books by christopher hansard on tibetan bon buddhism which is the most ancient form of it. interesting and highly recommend to anyone who has an interest in it.

read a few books by christopher hansard on tibetan bon buddhism which is the most ancient form of it. interesting and highly recommend to anyone who has an interest in it.

Bon is about 800 - 1000 years after buddhism rose in India alongside Hiduism from the upanishads.

Tibetan Buddhism is Mayanaha buddhism in the form of nyingma which is the youngest school of buddhism.

I was given the teachings of Buddha years ago which I read and really enjoyed the idea of becoming a buddhist.

To many buddhist they don't see it as a religion but a guide to reaching peace in life.

Just reading a book about archbishops tutu and Dalia lama. Fascinating to hear their relationship and been a great introduction to Buddhism might have a look into it a little bit more. Any suggestions were to start OP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.