Buffon

When we were in for Pogba and failed, Buffon said "It is a victory for football"

As someone off here then posted, "Gianluigi, a real victory for football was your club,Juventus, being punished with a relegation and stripped of two league titles for bribery and match fixing"

This!

But...but...the romance and the umm well the romance and the yeah that stuff.

It, for me, epitomizes the Simpsons style take on bribery in sport. Some gurning waving smiling suit with a huge brown paper envelope hanging out of his arse.
There is corrupt and fixed sport then there is Italian footy, i have never understood this romantic notion, it's shite. They play shit boring footy, kick fuck out of any poor sod just wanting to go to watch the game, regularly get crowds losing it with flares and coppers streaming in.

It may be a bit different now but that image of the little scrote (yeah i get he was some mob tosser, still a ****) running on the field and telling Bagio or someone to do summat sticks in the mind. Our recent away match did little to dispel that stuff.

I really do not see to many plus sides in a sporting sense to it and the romanticism for me is only held in BT Sports b-footage highlights.

We came very close to signing him under Hughes, not sure what went wrong but I'd heard he agreed to sign before someone changed their mind. Funny that back then he was considered to be an ageing keeper but he still went on to have nearly a decade at the very top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.