Building Houses

My building costs on this are roughly $900 (about 450 quid) per m2 its finished to a pretty high standard

land was 100,000 pounds (700 m2)

Well we were doing really well there were three of us but this big bad guy he was like a blooming wolf he just blew it all away!

Building plots in the UK are ridiculously expensive where I am looking but granted a self-build is the way to go..

A guy I used to work with had a house built in Salt, Staffordshire which left him mortgage free and is in an idyllic setting with an excellent pub a short walk away

You need a lot of luck, a good eye and imagination....

I've not had a house built, but I have built a 25ft stone garage on the side of my house, in addition to the double one I already had, it took me all summer in my spare time, about ten years ago, I did everything myself, dug the foundations (by hand), stonework, interior blockwork, woodwork, roofing, tiling, electrics, except the interior plasterwork, which my father in law kindly did.

Cost about 8.5k in materials, builders wanted around 25k.....but of course I cut their labour costs out, and found it interesting to do, as I learnt a lot.

just about to build 8 new builds in Scotland overlooking loch long Normally do refurbs and extentions but looking forward to doing one from scratch We got the land for a very low price when the previous developer went bust during the crash £5k per plot Each house is a 4 bed detatched So hoping to make a few quid

Anyone fancy a plot they are for sale here :-) we can build it for you if you want lol

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33191448.html

just about to build 8 new builds in Scotland overlooking loch long Normally do refurbs and extentions but looking forward to doing one from scratch We got the land for a very low price when the previous developer went bust during the crash £5k per plot Each house is a 4 bed detatched So hoping to make a few quid

Anyone fancy a plot they are for sale here :-) we can build it for you if you want lol

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33191448.html
So 70k for the plot and what are the approx. estimated building costs for the 4 bed detatched house as per plans?

So 70k for the plot and what are the approx. estimated building costs for the 4 bed detatched house as per plans?
For a turn key build it will be approx. 150k (dependant on finishes) making a total of 220k

The house should be worth 300k when finished

obviously these are approximate costs and we havn't "negotiated" :-)

For a turn key build it will be approx. 150k (dependant on finishes) making a total of 220k

The house should be worth 300k when finished

obviously these are approximate costs and we havn't "negotiated" :-)
Very nice. If someone had that kind of money to invest, then definitely better than leaving it sat in an account earning pennies in interest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.