Bullying at work

it's depressing really that people are so insecure in themselves that they have to torture someone else to make themselves feel better.. i bet they beat their wives too.. and then cry themselves to sleep. Sad really.

Feel really sorry for anyone that gets bullied at work. Work is bad enough without someone else trying to make it more miserable for you.

Bet the reason this guy gets bullied is that he genuinely liked going to work.. not anymore.. tossers

seen a fair bit over tthe years

it's imperative to stop it quick

find a copy of the formal grievance procedure for bullying and circulate it

make sure the bullies see it

I'm lucky enough to never really have been bullied, although obviously in school a few people tried occasionally, but we hung around in a big group so they never really sustained anything, they only go for the loners. A bit surprising because i was always viewed as a geek/nerd :-D (which i am and proud!) and i'm not confrontational in any way, or particularly well-built.

Unfortunately it is human nature, we all like to feel superior to other people, most decent people keep their snide obesrvations to themselves, it's just the total bellends that enforce it by bullying.

Do something about it like write an anonymous letter demanding things are looked into. Companies have a duty to investigate things and deal with them. Yes it may bring a on little heartache for the victim in the short term but it will be better in the long run. Cruel to be kind and all that.

I'm the Ops Manager for a large site where we have numerous subcontractors.....if these guys are not delat with it will definitely result in something really bad happening one day, either to the bullied, or the bullies themselves!
1. Whoever is being bullied needs to make a verbal and written statement to their employer.
2. Any sympathisers or witness's should support them verbally and in written form.
3. If any of the folks concerned belongs to a union, get them involved.
4. Contact the police. Physical assault and intimidation is the same whether it's in public, in the home or at work.

Looks like its time for a 'Respect in the workplace' or 'Dignity at work' meeting. If that doesnt work, grievence only way forward.

sdavros said:
it's depressing really that people are so insecure in themselves that they have to torture someone else to make themselves feel better.. i bet they beat their wives too.. and then cry themselves to sleep. Sad really.

Feel really sorry for anyone that gets bullied at work. Work is bad enough without someone else trying to make it more miserable for you.

Bet the reason this guy gets bullied is that he genuinely liked going to work.. not anymore.. tossers

Spot on mate,he is a likeable sort of guy, who was very conscentious about his work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.