Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was indeed very cold but appropriate counter measures were taken in the form of hot Äppler. Obviously I am happy that we scored 3 nice goals, but overall the performance was not the best and Mainz was actually better than you would think when just looking at the result.

Atmosphere was pretty bad as well, felt like everyone was frozen in place. ;)

Anyway, lets get those remaining 11 points which would save us from relegation and see how far we can get. Would be happy with the Euro League and CL would obviously be a dream coming true.

@Scaring Europe to Death: When you asked me about the name Bembeltown the word I was looking for was jar! I spent the whole drive back home thinking about the right word....

A Bembel is a jar for Äppler and as Frankfurt is famous (or should I say infamous) for it´s Äppler, Bembeltown is used as a name for Frankfurt. It was used on a shirt which we did a while back when Yeboah was still playing for us as well. Shirt was aimed against racism and had the slogan "United colours of Bembeltown".

Bembel in its full beauty for reference! ;)
Bembel-nahaufnahme-Front-mit-geritztem-W%C3%B6rtern.jpg

I'm a great fan of the hot appler

Class finish from Lewandowski. Not sure Freiburg deserved that though.

Ben-Hatira sacked/released by Darmstadt due to a link between a Charity he supports and a terrorist cell..... wow.

Must be a bit of a shit storm over there over this! His explanation seemed fairly reasonable but the link must be fairly clear for it to get to the level where he is sacked.

Also, Subotic signs for Köln. Whats the consensus on that? Good signing or have injuries taken their toll and he isn't the same player as he used to be?

Ben Hatira got sacked after massive protests of their fan base. An openly right wing player would have been sacked immediately, so I can somehow understand the decision. I mean its not just him supporting a random organisation, but one which is under observation by the federal office for the protection of the constitution.

Köln did a good job with Subotic I think. Not much of a gamble, he passed the medical and is only 28 years old. For sure not one for the future, but I am pretty sure he will improve them.

Frankfurt won at Schalke for the first time since 1999! Before the match I would have been happy with 1 point, now it turns out to be 3. :)

This thread has died sadly. It's a shame because a lot has been happening. I've never had to go to page 4 of this forum to find the thread.

@Scaring Europe to Death @Alex-MCFC Any trips planned?

Hoping to go over myself at Easter to get Wolfsburg and a couple of teams from the old East depending how the fixtures fall. I'm expecting an announcement on the tv changes in the next 2 weeks so we'll see.

In case you missed it, Ryanair announced a new route between Manchester and Frankfurt with 6 flights a week starting later in the year. Just in time for the Champions League group stage @Bembeltown so sort your form out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.