Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
City getting knocked out of the Champions League is disappointing, but frees up some money and time for holidays.

Just booked for Wolfsburg v Ingolstadt and Union Berlin v Kaiserslautern over Easter. Wolfsburg is the final ground in the Bundesliga for me so will be nice to complete the set. Its also the 3rd time I'll have seen Ingolstadt too @Alex-MCFC - does that put me ahead of you?

Union seem to be going we in Bundesliga Zwei, so a good chance to have two Berlin clubs in the Bundesliga next season.

It'll leave me with 7 grounds left in Bundesliga 2 so I guess thats the next target!
Have you been to Freiburg?
My brother lives there so it's my German team and I love going to the games there
Always full and I always get pissed
Last time being April last season vs At Pauli

Do you think the atmosphere in German grounds beats that of the Premier League?
There is more spontaneity in English grounds so the songs can be more humorous, but for large parts of the game it's virtual silence these days.

The German songs can be quite repetitive and monotonous but there is a constant atmosphere throughout. The added bonus of being able to enjoy a few beers during the game and being encouraged to stand make it a much more enjoyable experience overall.

I like to travel abroad anyway so gives me a good excuse to visit new places.

Have you been to Freiburg?
My brother lives there so it's my German team and I love going to the games there
Always full and I always get pissed
Last time being April last season vs At Pauli

Yeah I went a couple of years ago after one of our Champions League games v Bayern.

It remains one of my favourite places I've been to. Very picturesque and I had a really good couple of days there, including a surprisingly enjoyable game of bingo in an Irish bar. Cant recommend it enough to anyone thinking of a trip.

Do you think the atmosphere in German grounds beats that of the Premier League?

I do.

A prime example of this was a game i attended at Union in October 2001.

By the time I arrived, the Union stands were full/sold out, so I thought I'd try my luck in the away end; Union were playing Eintracht Frankfurt and they'd brought a very good following.

At the front, there was a low concrete block wall, with a high wire fence on top of it. One bloke spent the entire match standing on the wall, holding on to the fence with one hand and a megaphone with the other, directing the away fans' singing. He hardly saw any of the game, but the singing was non-stop.

Frankfurt won 4-0 and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

City getting knocked out of the Champions League is disappointing, but frees up some money and time for holidays.

Just booked for Wolfsburg v Ingolstadt and Union Berlin v Kaiserslautern over Easter. Wolfsburg is the final ground in the Bundesliga for me so will be nice to complete the set. Its also the 3rd time I'll have seen Ingolstadt too @Alex-MCFC - does that put me ahead of you?

Union seem to be going we in Bundesliga Zwei, so a good chance to have two Berlin clubs in the Bundesliga next season.

It'll leave me with 7 grounds left in Bundesliga 2 so I guess thats the next target!
Sorry for the late reply, been in New York and Washington all week. I'm on three Ingolstadt games (well, first team games,) so we'll be level. Although I don't think I can top the Leipzig game you were at!

you'll enjoy Wolfsburg, one of the most beautiful, interesting and cultural cities on Earth. Amazing place, stunning architecture and scenery.

I second that...Wolfsburg is literally the best place to be in Germany. Screw Freibug...Wolfsburg it is!

Well now I'm worried I've not allowed enough time to see all of the sights! I've got about an hour and a half before kick off and straight on the train afterwards. Maybe I'll have to go back another time to see anything I miss.

Just in case the sarcasm was not obvious: Wolfsburg is a shithole! ;)

It was literally just build around the Volkswagen plant and to provide housing space for the people employed at Volkswagen.

Nothing of interest to be seen there unless you plan to pick up a new car.

Ha. You're sarcasm wasn't lost in translation! Mine in reply may have been.

I've been through it on the train before and read numerous reviews. Other than the fact they have a football team I have no interest in going, but I need to complete the set...

I intend to spend the hour and a half I have at the bar. Prost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.