Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to watch Cologne v Leipzig, quite a decent game and a cracking atmosphere. We could learn a few things from the Germans when it comes to customer relations. The whole experience is so much better. From the free train travel, the beer you can drink in your seat, the atmosphere and ticket prices. Even the food stalls near the ground were no more expensive than you'd expect to pay in the town centre. First time at a German league game but won't be the last

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it, shame you didn't play lucky charm and couldn't help Cologne to nick a winning goal. P.S. Just ask what @Scaring Europe to Death thinks of the non-alcoholic beer they sell on derby-days :-)

@Tam: Please...you cant consider Kölsch to be beer. When you drink Altbier and go for a piss the result is Kölsch. ;)

@Rhineland: Was keeping fingers crossed for you to beat Leipzig but seems it was not supposed to be. Great start to the season anyway.

In other news: Schalke lost 5 games straight, I dont want to be a player/manager on Schalke now. Its just sad what Schalke does with their money, infrastructure end resources.

HSV fired Labbadia after the team lost against Bayern (Ribbery got once more away with murder, its stupid how many decisions Bayern gets in their favor). Gisdol (formerly at Hoffenheim) will take over at Hamburg.

@Tam: Please...you cant consider Kölsch to be beer. When you drink Altbier and go for a piss the result is Kölsch. ;)

You're forgetting that our standard beers, particularly at football grounds are worse than piss. I prefer Kölsch to Altbier because it tastes (and looks) more similar to a pilsener which is what I'd drink out of preference.

HSV fired Labbadia after the team lost against Bayern (Ribbery got once more away with murder, its stupid how many decisions Bayern gets in their favor). Gisdol (formerly at Hoffenheim) will take over at Hamburg.

Is Gisdol confirmed? I thought Werder were after him too, and that Andre Vilas Boas had been linked to HSV.

October trip is sorted so I'll have ticked off Würzburg, Darmstadt, and RB Leipzig. November trip is coming together too and I am booked to go to Schalke in November, the day after City play Gladbach. I had booked a flight home on the Friday for £30, but I am now tempted to write that off and go to Rot-Weiss Essen on the Friday, Magdeburg on the Saturday and Braunschweig on the Sunday instead.

Does anyone know whether an RW Essen ticket would give me free travel on regional trains from Düsseldorf and then as far as Gütersloh afterwards? (I have an option of free accommodation in Gütersloh)

I'm going to Hamburg for a long weekend at the start of November. HSV are playing Dortmund on the Saturday (5th November) - we were hoping to get tickets. From reading their website using my limited understanding of German I think they're not on sale until 11 October for non-members. Can anyone with much experience of going to Bundesliga games advise if we're likely to get tickets for this or will it be difficult for tourists?

Also can anyone recommend from experience of watching Hamburg the best area of the ground to sit/stand in (we will probably want to be near the good atmosphere)?

Thanks

@Kinky Dribbler: You can switch the website to English as well, which most likely makes it a bit easier for you. ;) On the Homescreen in the blue banner thingy at the top is the "English" button next to the Emirates icon.

Tickets for the Dortmund game are on members sale only and will go on free sale on October 11th. The away section is on the southstand (Südkurve) and the home section is on the northstand (Nordkurve).

If you get tickets I am not really sure if you can be picky on where to sit, most likely you would have to take what you can get.

Its usually not that easy to get tickets when Dortmund and Bayern are visiting as they bring a shit load of gloryhunters from all over Germany.

@cptaidan88: I am not sure if the train ticket is included with the tickets for REWE. From what I understand it just covers the tram ride to/from the mainstation, but thats it.

Let me know if you want me to call them to confirm!

P.S. Gisdol is confirmed as new coach at Hamburg.

@Kinky Dribbler: You can switch the website to English as well, which most likely makes it a bit easier for you. ;) On the Homescreen in the blue banner thingy at the top is the "English" button next to the Emirates icon.

Tickets for the Dortmund game are on members sale only and will go on free sale on October 11th. The away section is on the southstand (Südkurve) and the home section is on the northstand (Nordkurve).

If you get tickets I am not really sure if you can be picky on where to sit, most likely you would have to take what you can get.

Its usually not that easy to get tickets when Dortmund and Bayern are visiting as they bring a shit load of gloryhunters from all over Germany.

Thanks!

You're forgetting that our standard beers, particularly at football grounds are worse than piss. I prefer Kölsch to Altbier because it tastes (and looks) more similar to a pilsener which is what I'd drink out of preference.

Is Gisdol confirmed? I thought Werder were after him too, and that Andre Vilas Boas had been linked to HSV.

October trip is sorted so I'll have ticked off Würzburg, Darmstadt, and RB Leipzig. November trip is coming together too and I am booked to go to Schalke in November, the day after City play Gladbach. I had booked a flight home on the Friday for £30, but I am now tempted to write that off and go to Rot-Weiss Essen on the Friday, Magdeburg on the Saturday and Braunschweig on the Sunday instead.

Does anyone know whether an RW Essen ticket would give me free travel on regional trains from Düsseldorf and then as far as Gütersloh afterwards? (I have an option of free accommodation in Gütersloh)

I’ve also got a ticket for Schalke-Nice, so if you want to meet-up (or indeed any Schalke fans) before the game, then just give me a shout.

There’s a good football pub on your right, when you walk out of the hauptbahnhof.

Last time, some Schalke fans took us to their old stadium (where City played in 1970) There’s a few bars and a little fan fest, and it’s on the tram route to the main stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.