Bundesliga 2017/18

I actually think the Heartha Season ticket thing is a PR stunt and not an option available to all supporters.

From the video it sounds more like this is one person who is going to get the tattoo once they proved why they deserve it. But I could be wrong...Hertha seems to get desperate in their attempts to keep the ground full. ;)

Niko Kovac, who is currently is the coach of Eintracht Frankfurt, has become a lifelong member of the club recently.

Usually I don´t give a lot about players kissing the badge, claiming their loyality etc, but with Kovac I actually like the idea behind it and he wanted to become a member as Frankfurt is his first Bundesliga assignment as a coach and he wanted to appreciate the trust Frankfurt has put into him so far.

He is one of the few persons in modern football which I genuinely like, as he has already a couple of times voiced his opinion on important fan matters as well.

Not sure if everyone is aware, but this season there will be matches played on a couple of Mondays as well, which never happend before in the Bundesliga.

As someone who supports a team which played a couple of years in the 2nd division, where there is always one match on a Monday, I absolutely hate the idea as it is a pain in the ass especially for the travelling away support.

The first match will be Frankfurt at home against Leipzig. Distance between Leipzig and Frankfurt is roughly 400km and takes a little less than 4 hours by car, so it is basically impossible to do without taking a day/hours off at work.

Ultras Frankfurt and hopefully the rest of the Frankfurt support will boycott the game and not generate any atmosphere to protest against this new trend in German fooball.

Leipzig supporters won´t travel at all howver this sounds like a cheap excuse for them, as they only showed up with about 2000 last time we played anyway.

Blimey Mate

There's been a few seasons where City have played on every day of the week, so Monday night fixtures are just the tip of the iceberg. However, in England, we can’t have it both ways, because it’s the huge Pandora’s Box (aka TV revenue) that dictates the fixture list.

I’ve been fascinated by the idea of an ultras boycott, ever since witnessing Cologne supporting the Monchengladbach boycott a couple of seasons ago. Also, Ajax had a huge banner supporting the “ripped-off” travelling City fans in 2012-13.

I’m not sure it would ever work in England, mainly because we’re far more tribal.

We all know that United should never have been playing in Yeovil on a Friday night, but you won’t find much public sympathy from Merseyside or the blue side of Manchester.

Blimey Mate

There's been a few seasons where City have played on every day of the week, so Monday night fixtures are just the tip of the iceberg. However, in England, we can’t have it both ways, because it’s the huge Pandora’s Box (aka TV revenue) that dictates the fixture list.

I’ve been fascinated by the idea of an ultras boycott, ever since witnessing Cologne supporting the Monchengladbach boycott a couple of seasons ago. Also, Ajax had a huge banner supporting the “ripped-off” travelling City fans in 2012-13.

I’m not sure it would ever work in England, mainly because we’re far more tribal.

We all know that United should never have been playing in Yeovil on a Friday night, but you won’t find much public sympathy from Merseyside or the blue side of Manchester.
Although there was little sympathy, I think its less to do with tribal feelings and more that we cant organise ourselves as supporters as well as our European counterparts.

The Twenty's Plenty campaign was the closest we've come to some coherent organisation, and in reality there were probably about 10 supporters from each club that actually did anything.

Similarly a few supporters groups released a statement about not playing on Christmas Eve and suddenly there are no games on Christmas Eve.

If we actually got behind a safe standing campaign then it would hasten the process massively.

Although there was little sympathy, I think its less to do with tribal feelings and more that we cant organise ourselves as supporters as well as our European counterparts.

The Twenty's Plenty campaign was the closest we've come to some coherent organisation, and in reality there were probably about 10 supporters from each club that actually did anything.

Similarly a few supporters groups released a statement about not playing on Christmas Eve and suddenly there are no games on Christmas Eve.

If we actually got behind a safe standing campaign then it would hasten the process massively.

Yep, you’re probably right, although I always get the impression that whereas the Bundesliga fans have always had a voice, their English cousins are still requesting to be heard,

Somewhere along the line, we’re missed the boat, and there’s just too much money involved for any radical change.

In 2013 (just after our 2-1 victory in Moscow), I attended a Monday night game between Bochum v Kaiserslautern.

The game was temporarily halted, because the Kaiserslautern fans had taken whistles into the stadium, and were causing a deafening blast. They were protesting about the 8pm kick off time, and incredibly, it was then requested over the tannoy for the leader of the Kaiserslautern ultras to make himself known to the nearest steward.

I’m not sure of the eventual outcome, but it was an impressive show of power.

The one thing which I always found strange when reading on English football forums/facebook groups etc. is that whenever someone tries to bring something up like a protest, bringing a drum to a game, using a megaphone to improve the atmosphere and whatnot, it always ends up with that person getting ridiculed and people tell him to fuck off, "this is not how it is done in England" and all kind of other stuff.

I dont really get this attitude and it seems like people are completely stuck in their behaviours.

Not sure if this is really because it is more tribal in England or if if is something else, but it should somehow be possible to unite people for a common goal, no matter if it is improving the atmosphere or showing that football fans are not just sheeps and will just accept whatever the league throws their way?!

@Rhineland

2f835c5b-f6b9-4daf-b516-0d46dd0117b3.jpg

"Minge club" has a very different meaning in England!

Plastered over a kids t shirt too!

Minge basically means "mein"/"my" in their local dialect.

But this is almost as glorious as when I realized how weird Stefan K U N T Z must sound for Englishman during Euro 96 (?).

Good header from Dihavi, Bayern 1-0 down to Wolfsburg.

Decided to watch them and keeping an eye on Leverkusen, want to see what this Leon Bailey is about, only seen his highlights.

Minge basically means "mein"/"my" in their local dialect.

But this is almost as glorious as when I realized how weird Stefan K U N T Z must sound for Englishman during Euro 96 (?).
Would have been better if he'd shortened his first name to Efan.

Slightly off topic , 1860 Munich have taken 14000 fans away to Nuremberg reserves in the 4th division. Respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.