Bundesliga 2017/18

Honestly if Hamburg get away again then I am honestly thinking that there is some conspiracy going on behind closed doors to keep them in.

First Freiburg gets that dodgy decision against them which pretty much lost them the game last weekend and now the ref puts up another abysmal performance in the Hamburg - Freiburg game which again lost Freiburg the game.

Paderborn and Magdeburg got promoted to Bundesliga 2 this weekend. This is pretty huge especially for Magdeburg, yet another one of the sleeping gianst from the east of Germany.

Honestly if Hamburg get away again then I am honestly thinking that there is some conspiracy going on behind closed doors to keep them in.

First Freiburg gets that dodgy decision against them which pretty much lost them the game last weekend and now the ref puts up another abysmal performance in the Hamburg - Freiburg game which again lost Freiburg the game.

Paderborn and Magdeburg got promoted to Bundesliga 2 this weekend. This is pretty huge especially for Magdeburg, yet another one of the sleeping gianst from the east of Germany.

I'd like for Hamburg to have a chance to stay up on the last game of the season - it would be a great atmosphere, which could end well or turn very sour.

@Bembeltown would you rather Hamburg or Mainz went down? I think Hamburg have to play at Frankfurt soon so you may be able to relegate them yourselves but you'll have to play better than you did against Hertha!

Paderborn have done very well considering they should have been relegated last season. Only 1860 being denied a licence saved them from the regionaliga and a third successive relegation so its been a very good turnaround.

I will try to get to Magdeburg at some point next season, but Kaiserslautern have gone the other way which is a disgrace. They are too big to be in the 3rd Liga. Darmstadt look to be joining them too which will be a 2nd successive relegation. Pretty tight for the relegation play-off place but there are some big teams involved. St Pauli currently in trouble but every team up to 7th place is within 5 points so plenty to play for.

At the moment I just want Hamburg to go down. They simply deserve it most likely more than any other club in the league at the moment, just because they have been atrocious for the last 5 years, spent tons of cash on players and managers without getting anything out of it and because they have this freaking clock.

I think it is really hard to describe when you are not living in Germany, but I think pretty much everyone but the city of Hamburg (minus St.Pauli obviously) wants them to go down finally.

Under normal circumstances I would want Mainz to go down I guess, simply based on the fact that Hamburg is a much bigger club, brings more fans to away games and because Hamburg as a city is a much better place to go to as an away fan as well.

Yes...Mainz is supposed to be our derby, but its hard to take it serious when the only reason why they are a derby is the distance between Frankfurt and Mainz. Other than that its not on eye level anyway, at least when it comes to the fanbase.

I think you could say that Hamburg is more interesting than Mainz if that makes sense.

At the moment I just want Hamburg to go down. They simply deserve it most likely more than any other club in the league at the moment, just because they have been atrocious for the last 5 years, spent tons of cash on players and managers without getting anything out of it and because they have this freaking clock.

I think it is really hard to describe when you are not living in Germany, but I think pretty much everyone but the city of Hamburg (minus St.Pauli obviously) wants them to go down finally.

Under normal circumstances I would want Mainz to go down I guess, simply based on the fact that Hamburg is a much bigger club, brings more fans to away games and because Hamburg as a city is a much better place to go to as an away fan as well.

Yes...Mainz is supposed to be our derby, but its hard to take it serious when the only reason why they are a derby is the distance between Frankfurt and Mainz. Other than that its not on eye level anyway, at least when it comes to the fanbase.

I think you could say that Hamburg is more interesting than Mainz if that makes sense.
I think I've said before, my German team is Freiburg as my brother lives there and I've watched them so many times
I understand that the clock at Hamburg irritates the vast majority of German football supporters and that most want Hamburg relegated but their win today against Wolfsburg, coupled with Freiburg's extra time win has really helped Freiburg's cause
The relegation fight will be to the death

Alright lads, it comes down to the last match of the season. Wolfsburg/Hamburg will fight it out who gets directly relegated and who will play in the play offs.

Wolfsburg will play at home against the already relegated FC. Köln and Hamburg will play at home against Gladbach. So on paper it looks more likely that Wolfsburg will get something out of the match than Hamburg.

However...Wolfsburg has been a complete disaster in the last couple of games while Köln actually placed pretty decent.

Its hard to predict how Hamburg will do against Gladbach, its Hamburg...so I wouldnt be surprised if they get yet another fluke goal to get their sorry ass into the relegation play offs.

My dream scenario right now would be that Hamburg go down directly, followed by Wolfsburg who lose the play offs against Kiel.

At least we did everything possible yesterday to send Hamburg down, but Wolfsburg again failed to capitalize.

@cptaidan88: If "it" happens I fully expect a real time report via Whats App on the events when Hamburg fans smash their own ground to pieces! ;)

Hope you have a good weekend up there, should be great if the weather remains anything like it has been in the last week!

Wolfsburg have got a vastly superior goal difference to Hamburg, so a point would be enough. The trouble is , as alluded to before they look completely devoid of any ideas.

Wolfsburg have got a vastly superior goal difference to Hamburg, so a point would be enough. The trouble is , as alluded to before they look completely devoid of any ideas.

they do know how to get draws though. Shame these 2 clubs who have the potential to be regular top 4 contenders, and in Hamburg's case, have a proper rivalry with Bayern, are such basket cases. We all want a competitive a Bundesliga (apart from Bayern), but even Bayern, as proved by their lack of edge in the semi, need real competition. It's a new generation of side at Bayern and buying up the best Bundesliga talent is fine for them, but if that talent never gets a stern enough test, and never has to dig out really meaningful wins in crunch games where they just have to find a win at home, then they'll be much less likely to be able to do it in Europe. Schalke have already had Goretzka poached so will go backwards, Dortmund are busy marketing Sancho, Leverkusen and Leipzig between them have contrived to let a Sule, Wagner and Rudyless Hoffenheim back into the CL spots. Gladbach do their 4th, nowhere, 4th, nowhere gig and Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Bremen are shite.

they do know how to get draws though. Shame these 2 clubs who have the potential to be regular top 4 contenders, and in Hamburg's case, have a proper rivalry with Bayern, are such basket cases. We all want a competitive a Bundesliga (apart from Bayern), but even Bayern, as proved by their lack of edge in the semi, need real competition. It's a new generation of side at Bayern and buying up the best Bundesliga talent is fine for them, but if that talent never gets a stern enough test, and never has to dig out really meaningful wins in crunch games where they just have to find a win at home, then they'll be much less likely to be able to do it in Europe. Schalke have already had Goretzka poached so will go backwards, Dortmund are busy marketing Sancho, Leverkusen and Leipzig between them have contrived to let a Sule, Wagner and Rudyless Hoffenheim back into the CL spots. Gladbach do their 4th, nowhere, 4th, nowhere gig and Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Bremen are shite.
How do you think Kovac will do at Bayern ?.They are used to big names.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.