Bundesliga 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by cptaidan88, 21 Jun 2017.

1. Southern

Southern

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40993430

Hamburg winger Nicolai Muller will miss the next seven months after he ruptured a knee ligament in celebrating a goal.

Having scored eight minutes into Saturday's 1-0 home win over Augsburg, Muller performed a series of helicopter whirls before launching himself into a jump as he punched the air.

He landed awkwardly, and was clearly in pain as his team-mates ran to join in.

Hamburg coach Markus Gisdol said it was "certainly a downer, I have never experienced anything like it before".

Muller, 29, joined Hamburg from Mainz in 2014 and has twice played for Germany, most recently in 2013.

He ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, with his club confirming he is expected to be out for "approximately seven months".

2. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

Any footage of these incidents?

3. Bembeltown

Bembeltown

@Bilboblue

Multiple videos cut into one to show the different angles of what happened

Last edited: 24 Aug 2017
  4. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

That's mad.... I but it's obviously way too dangerous to be allowed to happen, wasn't too long ago a guy was killed at the Millenium stadium in Cardiff by a flare that had been launched from another part of the ground.

5. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

These incidents seem to be copying Turkey or Poland, which might be a reflection of the changing demographic in Germany. I've certainly seen nothing on that scale in England.

6. cptaidan88

cptaidan88

Got to be happy with that Europa League draw @Rhineland

Do you have a dilemma which end you sit in?

7. TheRisingoftheNorth

TheRisingoftheNorth

It's not the quantity but the quality that counts. Bayern cherry-pick the best players.

8. TheRisingoftheNorth

TheRisingoftheNorth

I'd love to see the English teams in that list to compare the prices.

9. Rhineland

Rhineland

No, no dilemma at all. As long as I get a ticket, it's fine. Very happy for the draw indeed, apart from the fact, that I won't be able to make it for the Arsenal v Cologne match as it's on matchday 1 in a fortnight and not in November (as I had thought) . Given Cologne's current form, this could end up in disaster. Still, the travelling Cologne fans will enjoy their day in London. My hope is obviously that both clubs will make it to the next round, but it will be a much tougher task for Cologne than for the Arsenal. Borisov is a CL club in disguise and Belgrade is a tough place to go to. In 1989 or so Cologne overcame a 2-0 deficit from the first leg in Belgrade and won their return match 3:0. One of the best nights Cologne enjoyed in the old Müngersdorfer Stadium.

10. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan