Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you as well (and to anyone else who reads this).

Going from the Airport to Schalke´s Ground in 35 Minutes seems to be almost impossible. If you take the Autobahn A2 google Maps tells me a travel time of 38 minutes and thats without any traffic!

I would assume that there will be traffic on a Thursday night especially the closer you get to Schalkes ground. And then there is still the issue with parking which will be a challenge as well unless @Ruhr or @Schalker got any recommendations on where to park outside of the officially assigned areas.

Talking about Bielefeld: There should be a taxi rank (yey..I just learned a new word) outside the ground at the main entrance. Let me know if you require anything else. Can call Arminia as well and confirm that the taxi rank is indeed still there if thats any help.

If you make it out alive you might be the first person ever, able to confirm if Bielefeld actually exists. But we all know the answer anyway...:)

What's this town you speak of? Bielefeld? I've never heard of such a place, are you sure it exists? ;)

@cptaidan88 I've just looked for that Schalke game - I presume you mean against Donetsk on the 25th? I just looked at flights for you and you can fly into Cologne arriving at 17:30 for £35. Should be enough time I'd have thought to get to Gelsenkirchen. Or even better you can fly into Dusseldorf arriving at around 10:30 for the same price.

I was looking myself at trying to get to Hamburg away and then hopefully back for the Capital One Cup Final, if we get there, but unfortunately getting to Hamburg the morning of the game seems nigh on impossible. From there it would've been easy flying to London on Sunday morning.

Any of our German friends, who is being linked with Ingolstadt. I know we desperately need a striker and have been linked with a quite a few, but can any of you head any light on who specifically we're linked; It's hard to find solid information through various twitter accounts at the best of times. I'm aware of Guido Burgstaller from Nurnberg, as well as my mates fro, Ingolstadt informing me Danilo could be on his way out.

So no different from Pellegrini? ;) Unfortunately we'd now have to prise him away from the behemoth that is Hannover 96.

Schaaf managed Werder Bremen for ages before he managed Eintracht Frankfurt for about a year. He is known for a very offensive style. But yes - he has worked with a lot of now EPL-professionals before...
De Bruyne, Özil, Mertesacker, Arnautovic, Prödl, Marko Marin - just to name the ones I know of.

A belated Merry Christmas, and hopefully it's a successful New Year for all.

I'm planning a trip over and I've got a couple of questions;
  • Is it completely unrealistic to get from Dortmund Airport to the Veltins Arena in 35 mins on a matchday (Europa League)? If I had a friend pick me up could he easily park near the ground?
  • Does anyone know Bielefelds Schüco Arena well enough to know if there's a taxi rank outside after the game? (I'd be in quite a rush after the game)

Sorry, only just seen this mate.
I went to the Schuco Arena in October, and the surroundings are more English than many English grounds, with narrow streets and terraced housing. I can't remember a taxi rank, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was one.
Otherwise, it's a 5 minute walk to the metro, and then 10 minutes to the hauptbahnhof

Cheers guys.

I now think I should be able to get back to the Hauptbahnhof in Bielefeld after the game in time regardless of whether there's a taxi now, but thanks for getting back to me. In reality I already knew getting to Schalke in time from the Airport was unrealistic - I remember we arrived late when we played there because the traffic was bad.

One of my best mates is in the Army and has been based at Gütersloh (near Bielefeld) for the last 2 years. He's got increasingly annoyed that I've visited Germany 5 times in the last 17 months and not ventured to visit him yet, so I can call in there for part of this trip to get free accommodation.

Provisional plan is;
Fri 19th Feb - St Pauli v FSV Frankfurt
Sat - Undecided but maybe Hertha or Osnabruck, although my preference at this stage would be to go to Hansa Rostock
Sun - Bielefeld v Paderborn & Hannover v Augsburg
Mon - Fortuna Düsseldorf v Nürnberg

Its FA cup 5th round that weekend so hoping that I don't miss a decent away game for City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.