Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it will take some time to get used to...the back looks really shit as well. Just a white area where the number goes, so the stripes are interrupted.

In the end it doesnt really bother me that much. I dont buy the kits anyway, but it would still be nice to look somewhat decent in the pitch. Last seasons away kit was a beauty and it was the first I bought since 94 or so.

I read the comments about the City shirt and I dont think it is as bad as people say. You are right that it somehow doesnt look like City, but I have seen worse. Not sure if this is a popular opinion but I like the old school badge a lot better as well.
I always wondered how City swapped from the Rose/Ship Crest to an eagle, but maybe its just me that I am missing some background information on the link between City/Manchester and an eagle?

Yeah probably best not to get into it on here, but the story goes that our former chairman sold the rights to the guy who ran the club shop (when merchandise wasn't a big deal) and so we had to change when he realised there was money to be made from it. Other stories suggest the chairman just wanted to make it look more European. I'm pleased it has changed although I thought some of the fan efforts were actually better than the one we've ended up with.

3rd Liga Fixtures are out by the way for those interested http://www.dfb.de/en/leagues/3-liga/

Last edited:
Now that the Euros are over we can focus on what is really important: Club football!

If you thought our home kit was horrible wait till you have seen our away kit abomination. What the hell!

trikot1617_away.jpg

TV changes are out now up to the end of September.

Schürrle rumoured to be off to Dortmund - will there be anyone left at Wolfsburg? Draxler and Rodriguez could both still leave before the end of the window.

@Bembeltown It just doesn't look right! Its not Newcastle - its Grimsby Town.

csm_3570-TrainEintr050716_02_9ffe07e2ca.jpg

A lot of City fans moaning about ours too. I don't think ours is a terrible kit, but it just doesn't look like we're Manchester City, and yours doesn't look like Eintracht Frankfurt.

I was thinking Dunfermiline, (or East Stirling hoops)
Anyway, who are we to laugh when our new kit resembles a 1970s US College Soccer Training Top?

Flights are booked, first trip of the season organised. Planning to get another two games under my belt, all involving Schanzer of course!

Fly out early Friday 19th of August, return Monday afternoon. Planning on watching the Ingolstadt Amateure in the derby against Augsburg away, then the following day up to Aue on the ultras fanbus for the Pokal! Good to be able to cross off Aue, usually one a lot of Brits want to go to.

on the ultras fanbus for the Pokal!

Wonder why they spend all the money on renting a bus. A Smart should be sufficient. ;)

Sounds like a good trip! Unfortunately you dont go to Aue during Winter. The region is famous for their christmas stuff especially the so called "Christmas Pyramids". No idea what they are called in England or if you actually know these on the island:
weihnachten_pyramiden.png

Loved them as a kid! :)

Wonder why they spend all the money on renting a bus. A Smart should be sufficient. ;)

Sounds like a good trip! Unfortunately you dont go to Aue during Winter. The region is famous for their christmas stuff especially the so called "Christmas Pyramids". No idea what they are called in England or if you actually know these on the island:
weihnachten_pyramiden.png

Loved them as a kid! :)
I think we might take quite a few for the game, that's usually the case with the Pokal; especially with it being Aue, I'd imagine we'd be near to full allocation!

Quite pleased about going in August, it looks absolutely freezing in Winter! I think we have those tower things in Britain, no idea what they're called though!

Würzburg is the capital of Unterfranken (Lower Franconia) - one of the 8 administrative districts of Bavaria.
It is in the middle between Frankfurt and Nuremberg.

They kept me imprisoned in a boarding school in Würzburg for four years ... ;) (7th to 10th class) - but from 8th class on we were allowed to spend one and a half hours in the City every day. A lot of this time I spend in that yellow building there. In it was a big department store then. There is where I tried out my first Basic on the personal computers they offered there before I owned my first C64 and before I had "Computer Science" in school. The rest of the time I spend in the area behind the building smoking...

Is this where the idiot has attacked the passengers on the train tonight?
The world has gone mad.

Yepp, the attack on the train was near Würzburg. 17 year old guy from Afghanistan who was living with his German foster family as he came to Germany without parents.
Guess that was his way to thank the hosts for their efforts. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.