Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 6 Jan 2018.

1. BluessinceHydeRoad

BluessinceHydeRoad

That's the theatre of dreams.

2. TFC

TFC

Probably looking to check out a book, you can turn pages much faster with that extra finger.

3. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

When Maureen's Chelsea (first time round) used to come to our ground, their fans used to chant 'You're only here for the Chelsea'. They didn't grasp the idea that we were getting over 46,000 virtually every home game.

4. foggy1974

foggy1974

production operative
    What gets me is we are the only ones who get, the where were you... You see pictures of The Swamp and Stamford Bridge with its running track holding about 30,000 in the 80''sand 90's. Why did Arsenal build The Emirates, West Ham move into the Olympic Stadium and Spur building new White Hart Lane, is it for loads of shinny new seats or is it to attract new fans.

5. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Chelsea had one season when away fans were banned when attendances were less than 10,000. Newcastle were much the same.

The rags have been the best supporterted in terms of numbers regardless of empty seats for many years now but they invented the glory hunters tag!

6. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

Churlish not to say De Gea is now widely regarded as the world's best. But I'm certain he wouldn't get in a Pep team - purely and simply because he's not a sweeper keeper. Progress in the Champions League will see Ederson being regarded in the elite group of goalkeepers - we know he already is though.

7. buckshot

buckshot

Watching the match all I could think about was "Typical City". After nicking it in the end I think that it might mean something different now...

8. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

is it me or did Fernandinho pick up a man marker, just shows how other teams are recognizing his importance to us

9. Eli Panic

Eli Panic

Programmer Analyst
    It was probably Fernandinho.