Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

I've just read one paper report that had Silva deliberately planting his foot under Pope's knee!

Dyche's failed argument was comparing arm brushing with ankle clipping.
He said he was a center half and know the gamesmanship but ignores the fact that you don't get disbalanced when someone touches a 30 stone player's arm.

Ive not read any written press regarding the penalty but I’ve seen Chris Kamara, Jermaine Jeans, Phil Neville and a couple of others all say it WAS a penalty though he went over theatrically. Fair enough imo.
Maybe some people struggle with the concept of controversy. It was controversial because the Burnley players and manager chose to dispute it, but MOTD proved conclusively that it was a penalty. I wondered at the time whether it was a pen because it looked theatrical and the Burnley players kicked off about it, but when you watched it back on the TV it was a very good call from the referee. Burnley spent the rest of the game putting pressure on the ref and at one point he booked one of them for dissent so for once we got a good ref.

Very impressed with Burnley, best league side we have faced. The keeper looks top class and they work their bollocks off for each other, you can see why they are doing well against top sides.
Dont think Dyche will be there for long.
Really?! For me that was one of the most negative, anti Football displays I have seen from a team. No ambition other than to hoof it, no skill and no guile at all. Yes they worked hard but I expect that from any team.
Burnley play football that is the root of all things wrong with English football

Really?! For me that was one of the most negative, anti Football displays I have seen from a team. No ambition other than to hoof it, no skill and no guile at all. Yes they worked hard but I expect that from any team.
Burnley play football that is the root of all things wrong with English football
Agreed. But...

I think Burnley did as well as they could.

Clearly they're not in our class - so the main goal is pick up a point - failing that, not to incur a large goal differential.

Burnley did about as well as I'd expect from any non top-6 side in the EPL - and, IMO, were a bit unlucky (keeper gives a pen, lose a goal on a set piece). But gave very few opportunities for good shots on goal.

Fair play to the Burnley away fans - made a bunch of noise - clearly audible throughout most of the match.

+1 to Burnley away fans.
+1 to Burnley tactics/desire.

Burnley was almost certainly going to lose this game - that they made our victory as difficult as possible is credit to their team and manager.

Clearly we are a special club, with some very interesting & athletic players.

Obviously young Silva managed to miraculously get his rolling ankle under the goalies leg & quite recently one of our players managed to drag his face down an opposition players studs 2 metres off the ground.

Good performance again just need to cut out
the pissing around near our own box sometimes.
Hope this is the season we win it with 6 games to go or something.

But they make the most of what they have. Stoke, palace, everton were far worse and didnt work as hard. If they had spent 400m like utd and still showed little ambition thats fair comment. Its a bit arrogant to criticise Burnley for being defensive when most sides will do the same on a much bigger budget. I thought they were very good until the second went in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.