Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 21 Oct 2017.

1. GX Blue

GX Blue

MCFC Realist.
    Can anyone tell me if there is a Tunnel Cam for this game? Doesn't seem to be?

2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Last ten seconds. Let's do it right!

3. Eds

Eds

To be 19 clear with six to go would require something special. We would literally need to win every week, hardly ever drawing and hope our nearest lose one in every five games as well as probably drawing the odd one. I would settle for 12 clear with six to go so that we all know it is going to happen it's just when.

4. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

grammar policeman

Good post, which I largely agree with. I sort of was feeling that way myself, just before the match. The thing is, we're playing these in-form mid-table teams who are taking loads of points off the big boys – Watford, Burnley – and blasting them out of the water (I don't remember Burnley having a shot in the second half, and yet again, although they were stubborn and made life uncomfortable, that really should have been 4-0 or even 5-0). That's the significant thing, for me. We are, very simply, a better footballing team than anyone else in the league this year, and we've got a meanness that goes along with it, and which was certainly absent last year.

5. BluessinceHydeRoad

BluessinceHydeRoad

It was a foul day, the kind of wet and windy day which are a typically English trap for Guardiola's fancy dans, the day when hoofball comes into its own, especially in those Pennine outposts unaccustomed to taking on aristocratic purveyors of typical English football. Burnley found themselves a record long odds bet just to add to the expectation of a "typical City" afternoon. But that's what we got: not only a "modern" penalty but a modern typical City performance. Our control of possession, our control and movement of the ball, our positional play and our playing out from the back were all very good indeed. What impressed me the most though was what was new against Napoli - our game management and ability to see the game out. At the start of the second half Burnley got sniff of getting back into the game, but a sniff was all it ever was because our lads seemed to decide quite simply the Burnley would not get back into the game because we would keep the ball, and keep it we did. When they did get it we won it back immediately. And then we passed and passed it, not just to keep it, but to pull them all over the place, make them run and make them defend. And in the end they could take it no longer and cracked. It was 3-0 but it could have been several more. Not perfect but we are getting better and look much better than last season.

6. Rolee

Rolee

In light of recent posts, a stat that impressed me from Saturday given the conditions and opposition, was that we won 68% of aerial challenges.

7. GX Blue

GX Blue

MCFC Realist.
    Think it helped a lot Chris Wood went off early doors as if he had played on it wouldn't have been 68%. But I certainly take your point that we are winning more aerial duels and this is encouraging.

8. hihosilva

hihosilva

I thought Burnley acquitted themselves pretty well. Dyche has got them we'll organised but we just worn them down in the end.
    I can see them taking some points off the others.

9. Ballymagash Blue

Ballymagash Blue

I agree with most of this, except to say that I don’t think we ran out of as much steam against Napoli, as we all seem to think and accept. For the last 25 mins (70- 95) City were much the better side and nearly scored 4 times (Jesus was a cigarette paper offside, if he was offside). If we were out of steam, then Bernardo & Gundogs had a really big impact on getting us going again.

10. BigOscar

BigOscar

The fact that Ashley Barnes never even attempts to win aerial duels, instead just tries to back in and win freekicks, probably helped as well