Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley are a team that need to be respected. We cant rest half the team.
We have Wolves in mid week so a great chance to give some players a weeks rest after Burnley.

I'd go:

Ederson

Walker Stones Otamendi Delph

Gundogan

Sterling KDB Silva Sane

Jesus

Then Wolves id play

Bravo

Danilo Adebaryo* Otamendi Delph

Yaya

Sterling B.Diaz Gundogan Bernardo

Aguero

Be great for Fernandinho to have a 10 day rest now.

Yaya's time as a starter in the holding role is past unless for cup games. It seems this season the holding player is expected to press with the same intensity as the front three do and be proactive with it and yaya just doesn't have the legs for that intensity anymore. Fernandinho's pressing along with the rest of the team in winning the ball back as early as possible when its lost is one of the main reasons for the dominant performances so far this season. I would play gundogan and danilo there before I play yaya. You don't lose much in the ball retention area and you gain a lot with the pressing and intensity of play. With that in mind I would go with this team

------------------ederson---------------
walker----stones-------otamendi------delph
----------------gundogan-----------------
---------kdb-------------d.silva-----------
sterling------aguero---------jesus-------

tuesday's milk cup game is the one for resting players, not the league.
strongest possible line-up on saturday to keep the momentum going and the confidence up.

Perhaps it's a result of many years of Typical City, perhaps it's Burnley's excellent away form or the fact that we've won 10 straight which is exactly what we did before the wheels came off last season but I'm pretty worried about Saturday. I think not only do we also have to freshen up the team without losing the flow we've had the last few matches which is very difficult, we also need to score early.

tuesday's milk cup game is the one for resting players, not the league.
strongest possible line-up on saturday to keep the momentum going and the confidence up.

Fielding the strongest possible line up (id est the same 11) doesn't mean much if their tired. They might end up performing worse than the subs.

Fielding the strongest possible line up (id est the same 11) doesn't mean much if their tired. They might end up performing worse than the subs.
image_400x400.jpg

i didn't say stick with the same eleven.
anyroad, they'll have had 3 full days rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.