Burnley (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have a funny idea of what it means for the bookies to be right, it means that favourites should win more frequently than second favourites who win more frequently than third favourites etc. Not that the favourites always win.

The bookies don't do right or wrong. They just do profit. Any bookie worth his salt, wins whatever the outcome.

So much negativity about this match. We are one of the best teams in Europe, we are playing at home and we will win by at least two clear goals.

This definitely has the potential to be a banana skin.

Their away form, our lads looked a bit knackered in the last 15 minutes after flying high for over a month, some players need a rest, everyone thinks we are unbeatable and the new Barca after a handful of games and the unbeaten record are all painting this as a “City moment,” where we manage to buck the odds and revert back to what we have been so many times before.

Here’s hoping this doesn’t become a “Typical City” moment!!

TBH, give me a 2-0, without them getting a sniff, and I’ll be ecstatic. However, it could well be another 5-0, such is the ability of this squad of players.

I’m mindful that the Napoli game was on a Tuesday and that Pep may well NOT rest players for this game, knowing that many of them will virtually have a week off, for the first time in a long time. The sports science guys will have an excellent idea of who is and is not fatigued, worn out, etc...and maybe Pep sees this game as one where we need to get ahead and only then get the rest they need.

The team I put forward for this game had 5 changes (Danilo-Walker, Toure-Fernandinho, Bernardo-Silva, Gundogan-KDB, Aguero-Jesus), but maybe that’ll have to wait until Wolves. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.