Burnley - Post match thread

For the first time in well over ten years I had to listen to the game on the OS radio feed and the match day centre. Jack Dearden was horrified and astonished at Mason's performance: The Goat was much calmer but no less incredulous. The Goat felt that Ferna's tackle could be seen as a red card IF YOU WANTED TO SEE IT THAT WAY. At other times Mason chose not to apply the full rigour of the regulations and at other times not to apply the regulations at all. Pep gave his press conference and was roundly condemned for what he said, and a rabble of pious, self-righteous pundits jumped in to preach on the text of not having the right to expect the decisions to go your way all the time. Martin Keown put on his best Old Testament beard and harangued us all in the Daily Mail.

The trouble is, Martin, that if your name is Rojo you DO get the decisions all the time. You do worse than Ferna's lunge and get away with it. There's no possibility of retrospective action either. If you are "Zlats" you can elbow people in the face, even knock teeth out and never face action. A kick in the head is "nothing worth looking into." If things are getting a bit dodgy your players will never be offside. I believed from 2012 that City had to be 10 points better than United to finish ahead of them and it's getting worse.

I have never believed that there is anything that should make a coach a paedophile but I see clearly that paedophiles may find coaching young boys and girls attractive. We see now the damage done by the craven attitude of the FA. Similarly there is nothing which should make referees favour United but I can see that United fan's would want to be referees. We have a generation of referees who grew up when United ruled the roost. And a generation of pundits brought up on United, media studies and WWE, and now they can't tell one from the other. This has been made worse by the undue influence United have always exerted at the higher levels of the FA, which has now spread to UEFA. Platini handed FFP over to United! City were stitched up over FFP, that failed and now we're being stitched up by the refs. And not just us: yesterday Klopp was complaining. His complaints were easy to dismiss as paranoia but what he said was familiar- no wildly inaccurate decisions but a large number of them to keep Liverpool on the back foot. I have always found Klopp a very astute, good humoured and,above all, fair manager. We all know that particular referee. Liverpool dropped 2 points: West Ham had Fengouli sent off for a lunge by Phil "the face " Jones and United were given a goal to make the game safe when any of three players, including the scorer, were clearly offside! "No team ever gets all the decisions all the time, Pep."

The FA's response to this shows all the contemptuous arrogance of UEFA and FIFA. "We do as we please. Put up with it. We see the PL as the best in the world and we protect its 'biggest' club. We are accountable to no-one." This is the state of English football. Welcome to the PL, Pep.
Great post. Agree completely

3 points after going down to 10 men.. sometimes the result is more important then the performance, and we have been begging for a grittier City all season but then complain when we get it with passion from 10 men desperate for a win.
Pep made the changes that changed the game and won us the match, absolutely loved his curt replies and the intensity and passion he showed.

For me Yaya showed how much he has grown since last year with his defensive display and awareness when we needed it most.

I see two agenda's at work in today's Premier League.

The first is regarding Utd. As the flagship club for the league, the powers that be in our game give as much help as is possible, without making it obvious (always have reasonable counter arguments regarding certain incidents), to help them finish as high as possible, if not champions. Obviously this is worth millions to the EPL, Sky, BT etc, in terms of their fan base around the world.

The second agenda is regarding ourselves. I have read posters on here stating, how can there be an agenda against us, when we have been the most decorated club in the last few years. That's true to an extent, but I believe the agenda including FFP is to try to stop us dominating English football.
If you look at some of the decisions and plots against us in the last five years, it has put us in a situation where we are swimming against the tide. In our two title winning seasons, we only scraped them, where we should have won by greater margins with the team we had. The powers above have put every obstacle they could in our way to stop us dominating, which in turn would put a huge spanner in the works of the rags getting back to the top, especially with Baconface retiring and a massive rebuilding job, which they are still undertaking.

Whom amongst us doesn't honestly think we should have won more in the last five years. We have not been allowed to dominate, especially due to the advent of FFP, which in effect, for a couple of years stopped us from buying the expensive quality players we needed to move forward.

Last edited:

The first regarding is regarding Utd. As the flagship club for the league, the powers that be in our game give as much help as is possible, without making it obvious (always have reasonable counter arguments regarding certain incidents), to help them finish as high as possible. Obviously this is worth millions to the EPL, Sky, BT etc, in terms of their fan base around
When Scudamore openly said a couple of years ago that fans around the world wanting united to win had to be "balanced off" against putting on a competition, almost as if a fair competition was a side issue to keeping united fans in Singapore happy, I think we all knew that there are very real agendas at work.

Top post BluessinceHydeRoad. It is a great pity that there is not a single journalist with the balls to investigate these issues but perhaps understandable when their masters would just file their findings in the bin.
No agenda my Arse.

Taylor in the Chelsea game was worse than Mason, everyone is outraged today but the big decisions weren't that bad. Although I think they got away with a few that should have been yellow.

The thing is in the Chelsea game and Burnley game, watching motd after the game all the cheating which to my mind they did was airbrushed out of the highlights.

Joe Public takes what the experts say as the truth.

The thing is in the Chelsea game and Burnley game, watching motd after the game all the cheating which to my mind they did was airbrushed out of the highlights.
Joe Public takes what the experts say as the truth.
Then Joe Public is as thick as pigshit because football pundits are certainly not "experts".

I watched MoTD (recorded) a day after the game.What surprised me was that the "Analysis Experts" did not mention Aguero's goal
right at the end of the City vs. Burnley highlights. I suppose MoTD had to discuss the Burnley goal - given by the "Technology".
Scratch my head !.

PS. Great post from ....BluesinceHyde road

The first is regarding Utd. As the flagship club for the league, the powers that be in our game give as much help as is possible, without making it obvious (always have reasonable counter arguments regarding certain incidents), to help them finish as high as possible, if not champions. Obviously this is worth millions to the EPL, Sky, BT etc, in terms of their fan base around the world.

The second agenda is regarding ourselves. I have read posters on here stating, how can there be an agenda against us, when we have been the most decorated club in the last few years. That's true to an extent, but I believe the agenda including FFP is to try to stop us dominating English football.
If you look at some of the decisions and plots against us in the last five years, it has put us in a situation where we are swimming against the tide. In our two title winning seasons, we only scraped them, where we should have won by greater margins with the team we had. The powers above have put every obstacle they could in our way to stop us dominating, which in turn would put a huge spanner in the works of the rags getting back to the top, especially with Baconface retiring and a massive rebuilding job, which they are still undertaking.

Whom amongst us doesn't honestly think we should have won more in the last five years. We have not been allowed to dominate, especially due to the advent of FFP, which in effect, for a couple of years stopped us from buying the expensive quality players we needed to move forward.

Point 1 is certainly true with both the media and the FA wanting it. Incidentally the pro United stance makes excellent sense if the FA want to retain their sponsors. They must listen to them and would be foolish to ignore the massive base that would be subscribing should United be more successful. Both are singing from the same hymn sheet in wanting United back to their former glory.
Regarding your second point, FFP was a barrier to entry which in any other sector would be illegal. Uefa hijacked the word Fair as well as the original intention of FFP which included debt.
They certainly didn't want to share their pot of gold with anyone else so it came as a massive shock to them that our owner had a decent Business Plan that overcame their version of fairness.

It should come as no surprise that we are not welcome at the top table because if our owners can make our club profitable within such a short space of time then we have to be a force to be reckoned with using whatever means, fair or foul, to delay or derail our progress.
I think that now they are scared of our domination potential whereas before they were just wanting to exclude us from a greed point of view and make all new investment money disappear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.