Burnley v Bolton

Honestly? This is dull, lump it football. If they try and pass it around, there's maximum 3 passes before one goes straight to an opponent.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Kind of emphasizes the point about the Championship and Prem getting further apart.
Some say because it's so open, the Championship is better. When we stormed it under Special K, we treated our old fella to a season ticket that season, and the one after in the PL. Now my old man isn't up on his football but he was retired and bored, so he came along for the sake of it. He was adamant that watching the lower level football was better than the boring games the PL can throw up now and then. I can see his point too, though obviously things have changed for City since then.

I loved it when we were down there, it was so much better beating everyone then getting hammered every week like we did at the time.

The problem I see is, the Championship, for the most part is still promoting Kick & Run merchants, which is why I think in the next 2-3 years, it will be nearly impossible to stay in the Prem in the first season up without huge investment, keep in mind that even teams finishing lower down the league will be getting around £60m from TV money.

It is what it is, good open football. The clubs can string together a few nice moves, the difference is being able to play smart on a week-to-week basis.

Enjoyed the game and brought back great memories of when we were a different club. In those days anything could happen...anything! You could sure that you take nothing for granted and in a way that fun. I enjoy us being a better quality club but years past in lower divisions have raised my expectations in terms of entertainment. I want excitement and I did not get ha enough last season. That is why I was glad Mancini went.

Hopefully Pellegrini will bring back the excitement of years past whilst we enjoy the quality of our modern state.

P.S. Trippier put in some fantastic crosses. Pity he wasn't left footed -he might have had a chance with us.

Despite the impression that the gap between the Prem and the Championship is getting wider, of the 9 teams relegated in 09/10, 10/11 and 11/12 only West Ham and Hull have regained their Prem place despite the hefty parachute payments. Meanwhile, of the 9 sides promoted from the Championship in those seasons only 3 - Blackpool, QPR and Reading - have subsequently been relegated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.