Bus Parking...

United won.t Park thr bus next week,they,ve done a deal with the Royal Navy for a loan of their new aircraft carrier,plus Stobart,s are sending a few lorries,just in case.

My biggest annoyance is it only seems to be us that teams are deploying this tactic on. Huddersfield defended for their lives against us then bent over for Arsenal. Southampton attempted to play against Liverpool but just parked the bus and time wasted against us. If they did it to other teams I wouldn't mind it so much but it's just us and then they bend over for our rivals.

My biggest annoyance is it only seems to be us that teams are deploying this tactic on. Huddersfield defended for their lives against us then bent over for Arsenal. Southampton attempted to play against Liverpool but just parked the bus and time wasted against us. If they did it to other teams I wouldn't mind it so much but it's just us and then they bend over for our rivals.
i agree with this generally speaking but I don't thing Huddersfield bent over last night, I think the tactics they employed against us totally wiped them out physically and they then came up against a team where they had to do a similar thing, physically they just couldn't manage it and got battered.... Maybe a lesson to be learned for other teams like them.

i agree with this generally speaking but I don't thing Huddersfield bent over last night, I think the tactics they employed against us totally wiped them out physically and they then came up against a team where they had to do a similar thing, physically they just couldn't manage it and got battered.... Maybe a lesson to be learned for other teams like them.

Indeed! I hope the same happens to Southampton in their Derby match on Sunday! Serve the fuckers right!

Whether you like it or not, Huddersfield delivered a master class in Anti- Football on Sunday.
They played 5-5-0 with a deep lying back 5 snd 3 in central midfield that was not allowed to move more than 7 yards away from the defensive line meaning there was no space between the lines for Silva to operate. Silva and KDB were man marked within 10 yards of the opposition penalty area and both were closed down by 2 other players if they held on to the ball too long, so it's hardly suprising that both looked ineffective!
There were always 2 players on the wings to deal with Sane or Sterling and there was never any space for balls to be played behind the defensive line for Sterling or Sane to run on to and skin the defence for pace. As such it was pretty much impossible to get behind their defence.
We had more going for us on the right where Walker could overlap but on the left Delph didn't overlap (not that he ever does - Pep always wants him to go inside).
They defended their area superbly and didn't let us get into the box. Good for not conceding goals but the side effect was they had a small chance of getting an attempt on target when a ball was deflected to a player who could quickly break with the ball into our half. The best they could hope for was a goal from free kick or corner.
Aguero did well to receive the the ball and pass it on but in a dangerous area their were always two players on him. Even so He got 4 opportunities that he should have done better with. Shooting a split second earlier may have made all the difference but I guess that we'll have to wait for another game to check this out.
They scored from a set piece fluke and our first goal came from an overload on the right where Walker took a player away leaving Sterling one-on-one when he beat the defender and was pulled back.
Pep changed it around to win the game by going 3 at the back ( a centre half and both full backs) and putting two strikers on. This gave Silva more space to weave his magic between the lines as a centre half was pinred back with our 2nd striker and more space was given to Sterling and Sane when they cut inside for the same reason. The change occurred when Huddersfield were tiring and it led to 3 chances. For the last one Jesus got a toe poke shot off, the kleeper saved it but it cannoned off the incoming Sterling into the net. Now the dam was broken Pep went 4 at the back again to defend against Huddersfield now they had to attack. Pep's best substitution for us in his tenure at City.
So as this will be the defacto base formation method of defence against us from here on in is there anything else we can do to break it than we already are?
I just keep thinking about that el Classico when Real Madrid attempted it against Peps Barca and Barca destroyed them. I think that will be pep’s response. Just keep getting better at what we are doing. Parking the bus also only really works if you nick goals and barring Huddersfield and Saints no team has been able to.

I agree. I got slated a few days back for saying Kompany's passing is not good enough whereas others were saying his range is as good as Stones!? He's nowhere near him.
Stones is better by far than Vinny and doesn't dive in Doubt that Pep would have ever bought Vinny Ottamedy looks a better player now next to Stones

I just keep thinking about that el Classico when Real Madrid attempted it against Peps Barca and Barca destroyed them. I think that will be pep’s response. Just keep getting better at what we are doing. Parking the bus also only really works if you nick goals and barring Huddersfield and Saints no team has been able to.
I think the recent conceding of goals shows how important Stones is to the team now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.