Buses back to Piccadilly.

If anyone’s never walked back into town after a game I would highly recommend it. I used to get stressed out with the buses and trams, finding a parking space if driving, getting away after etc. Surely most punters can get a local bus or train into town and then walk it. It’s a 20/25 min walk, shed loads of others do it so you’re not walking down deserted back streets or canal paths on your jack. Many a time I can walk the whole way back and see just 1 tram pass me (and laugh to myself when I see everyone crammed in like sardines). You can enjoy every second of the game, last minute winners etc and even clap the players off the pitch without stressing about queuing up anywhere. Give it a try, you won’t look back

I agree mate. It was always a 20/25 minute walk to just get to the bus stop for the 22 after games at Maine Road. There’s seems to be an obsession with 1 mile bus, taxi and tram rides. There are some Blues who struggle to walk more than short distances but many
More could walk back into town.

it was the same at maine road and its all down to the fans and the police

the main road back to town is the ashton new road and the fans take over the road and block the road to traffic its the police way of getting the fans out of the stadium and the arena quick that's the problem what should happen is the police and the council and city should getting together and plan a walking zone back to manchester

there is 3 major roads aswell as ashton new road that can be used and a walk way behind the ground next to the tram station leaving ashton new road clear why is there a major problem with a new-ish stadium and the lay out is down to us really we all want to get home in the quickest time possible we forget everybody else

i would stop fans walking down ashton new road for 30 mins get the buses and coaches away form the ground first like i said there is loads of walking ways back to town even down Bradford road and the back of the stadium on to carruthers street and holt town and believe it or not that's is the quickest way back to town i know i live there

Very impressed by all the power walkers that can get into town five mins before you set off etc. But for many walking back isn't an option. My old man jacked it in after going since the early 50's, as it just knackered him getting there and back by public transport. It's a real joke that the trams and buses are so poor. The infrastructure has never been properly planned, and before any further expansion is taken on, it really needs addressing.

That the club appear to wash their hands over it once we supporters have left the ground is a disgrace. And as for Showsec throwing their weight around at the buses is beyond a joke. Ditto the ones on Alan Turing Way/Briscoe Lane junction trying to stop people crossing even when the lights are in their favour ... do one, you have feck all authority on the public highway ... #kinjobsworths

I agree mate. It was always a 20/25 minute walk to just get to the bus stop for the 22 after games at Maine Road. There’s seems to be an obsession with 1 mile bus, taxi and tram rides. There are some Blues who struggle to walk more than short distances but many
More could walk back into town.

We do have a lot of older fans. It's not that straightforward for a lot of people. Alot do walk as there is only one tram and 6 buses between 54000 people at full time!

We do have a lot of older fans. It's not that straightforward for a lot of people. Alot do walk as there is only one tram and 6 buses between 54000 people at full time!

Many thousands of people go to the game by car or coach that isn’t perfect either mate. I agree that the transport infrastructure needs improvement. A nearby train stop would be good (as part of a wider solution) but that’s some years off. I think if more people walked back into town that would free up more space for our older fan base on the buses and trams until the infrastructure is improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.