Buy British

DontLookBackInAnger

I have been hearing a lot crap over the last 24hrs, from the pro-Hughes camp with regards to buying British and that now seems to be there lines of justification for his continued stay. It goessomething like this "We have to buy players that will perform right away(isn't that the point of most transfers?) to get us out of this mess(mm mmm but they gloss over it's Hughes that has got us in it to start with)and how knows British players better than Hughes(indeed I'm thrilled, I can't put into words that he has Bellamy's home number). Apart from it being raciest, if anyone posted a Topic "let's only buy white players, or we would go down" people would be up in arms, I don't care where a player comes from, they can be from Mars for all I care as long as he can play the game.

Yesterday the starting lineup had 8 British based players(Banjani made is 100th appearance, and I'm including him). Derby and Birmingham where 1 and 2 in terms of British base players last year and Watford and Sheffield U the year before, ooh but they don't have GOOD British based players! Will be the response, so at some point skill does come into it not national residence

This gets better and better:

on the one hand one gentlemen who would like Hughes to leave compares the Hughes-in folks to fascists. Minutes later you invite the reader to infer that the Hughes-in folk are saturated with persons who are "racist". You don't have the foggiest what racism is, and your mate doesn't have a clue what a fascist is, but you'll say anything won't you?

Like I keep saying, tanting babies having a strop who will stoop to anything.

Brucie Bonus said:

on the one hand one gentlemen who would like Hughes to leave compares the Hughes-in folks to fascists. Minutes later you invite the reader to infer that the Hughes-in folk are saturated with persons who are "racist". You don't have the foggiest what racism is, and your mate doesn't have a clue what a fascist is, but you'll say anything won't you?

Ok then there have been no posts that have made that point?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Yes there have, small in number, and simply wanting to buy British players does not make the sentiment nor the person who holds it a racist.

Brucie Bonus said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:

Yes there have, small in number, and simply wanting to buy British players does not make the sentiment nor the person who holds it a racist.
I disagree if your(I mean theirs)whole basis for thinking someone will perform better in a particular situation is that they are based in one location, I think it defines racism.

I think the missing term is
Players with Premiership experiance.

We all know it takes most overseas players a while to settle in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.