Buying a red car.

I've had a long think, and I can't do it. I'm the saddo that walks around the office throwing red pens and markers in the bin. I'm ashamed I even considered it. Will wait until a different colour becomes available.

Bought my red car cos it was old, cheap, reliable and I knew (vaguely) the bloke I bought it off. However I never, ever, wash it and the inside is like a skip. Will that do?

A few years back, went with my old man when he was looking for a car. He found one he liked, but was worried it was a dark red. (This is a man, who once told a taxi firm to send a different car when a red one turned up at the pub, as 'I'm not going to Maine Road in a fuckin' red car')

I told him it wasn't really red .... much more like maroon (which it was), and that was a City colour.

Got home after buying it, and straight away, I called my nephews and made sure he overheard me telling them, 'You won't believe it, but your granddad has bought a red car ... ' ... He went nuts.

Don't do it.

The missus has a red car. I say red, they call it soul red. Tried to talk her out of it but she likes it. Good on her as well, it's only a colour.

Not for me though. Never would, never will. It's like buying Sharp products.

The red the white and the blue are all trific colours especially so on a flag.
However..Red white and blue cars never carried a premium when purchased new.
Red and blue base colours still don't to this day as they are not popular.
White cars especially ice white typos or diamond white or any white that's whiter than white have now recently carried a cash premium of around £250 to £500.White is very popular and now heavily in Vogue.

When discussing a new car a couple of years ago, him indoors mentioned an Equinox. Imagine considering the double negative...a red Chevy. Not ever.

I had a motorbike that was red when I was 17. Honda XL185S. I thought I was the bees knees. It even had flashes of black and white in the logo and so on, though wore my city scarf whilst riding it.

My first car was a red ford Orion 1.6i ghia. Had to buy a car over a weekend and I only bought it because it was a ghia and thought I may be able to pull some birds. It had been imported from Ireland and found later that it had been used extensively for towing rather than pulling and was utterly, utterly, utterly shite. Whenever it used to break down, I used to gain some therapeutic comfort by hurling Basil Fawlty-like abuse at the dirty red bastard.

Never ever again will I fall in to the vile trap and since then it's been gunmetal grey metallic (nova GTE), then black (golf GTi), then black metallic (Audi TT quattro), back to gunmetal (VW Touareg V6D), black again (VW Caravelle) and then traded again for the same.

Wouldn't ever buy a foul, disgusting red car ever again...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.