Buying players that will never play

What on earth are you going on about.

Two players were bought for Melbourne, the others are highly thought of youngsters who cost a few million and could end up being part of the team.

"not happy with the transfer policy" would be us wasting millions on established pros that we have sat in the stands or on the bench. We haven't done that.

I do think Roberts could make it to be honest and hopefully pep is the man to bring these young players through as he's not afraid to play them if he thinks they are good enough
He's at Celtic for the next 18 months, so I guess Pep won't be working with him for a while.

If you read the next post I have said after his loan period
Let's say you're right. What does it matter? Buying and selling players' right is an important part of the game. If you spend 2m on a player and he doesn't pan out but gets sent around and gains some additional professional experience and eventually leaves for good at a later time having had the chance to play and grow for a few years, what is the downside? If he goes for free, you're out a nominal amount and you get a % of his transfers for the rest of his career. If he goes for €10m, like a Rony Lopes, then you've funded the rest of your academy's operating costs for the next year more or less.

Madrid let Negredo go and then used a buyback clause of €5m and then immediately sold him for €15m. Would you look down your nose at that or consider it great business? "Human trafficking" would suggest that there was no upside for the player at all, by the way.

So it continues, again I think it's time for squad limits. Not just competition limits. Hate all this buying players to make a profit nonsense. We are getting as bad as Chelsea the whole thing stinks to me. What's the point of even announcing a signing who will never play. Pathetic City

So it continues, again I think it's time for squad limits. Not just competition limits. Hate all this buying players to make a profit nonsense. We are getting as bad as Chelsea the whole thing stinks to me. What's the point of even announcing a signing who will never play. Pathetic City
I think Mooy is the first one from Melbourne that might be given a chance at City. In my opinion you're way off about Roberts too, not only was the outlay minuscule but he has rightly been touted as the "English Messi". Yes, that phrase does get banded about a lot, but he has real quality which he's shown glimpses of so far at Celtic.

I see what you're getting at, but I don't think we're quite as bad as Chelsea just yet!

This is a business too you silly goose. It's f'ig hard to break into the first team as well so it's a numbers game. Keep scooping em up and we'll find ourselves a couple nice ones eventualy. Roberts? Did we buy Byrne? He's got a shot.

Don't have a problem. If I was an agent I'd be pretty wary of getting my client into such a deal, but no-one is holding a gun to their heads.

Be surprised if Roberts was bought with anything other than a view for him to play for us long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.