Caballero leaving?

Agree but maybe like Pants before after two or three years he warmth to move on and play, I think Valdes isn't a bad shout depending on his fitness.

If I was him at his age I'd prefer to stay at City and have a shot at the two cups than go play for a mid table outfit in Spain or Italy. He's already done the latter, unlike Pants at the time and Pants was younger.

Wish we could just sign an English back up keeper and not waste a champs league foreign spot on the position

Yeah. I would throw Ruddy some cash.

Edited to add: our backup English keeper might end up being Joe this next season.

League Cup Legend!

56d37c94914d85592d000001.jpg

Thanks big willy

Don't forget if willy goes and withe wright retiring we are going to need 2 keepers a semi active keeper as reserve and a semi retired one to take part in the training drills etc

Yea but it means we could sell one. Like Delph or Clichy.
It would but as nobody at the club, or Pep seems to be trying to sell them, even with them trying to buy Stones they must be quite happy with them as squad players, so no need to worry a homegrown keeper, we could still end up with 5 homegrown plus a couple of club trained in the squad this year.

It would but as nobody at the club, or Pep seems to be trying to sell them, even with them trying to buy Stones they must be quite happy with them as squad players, so no need to worry a homegrown keeper, we could still end up with 5 homegrown plus a couple of club trained in the squad this year.

We do not know what is going on behind the scenes. We have heard nothing about any exits but it is inconceivable that we are just going to buy players and not sell any. Especially as there are squad limits.

After the Euro's I would not be surprised to see seven or eight squad members move on.

Bony, Kolorov and Yaya are certs. Caballero. At least one of the three centre backs. One of the RB's. Fernando. Navas. I would not be that shocked if Nasri went.

Pep apparently has a huge budget and will expect and be expected to win the league straight off the bat. There will be plenty of signings and i have no doubt his 'dead wood' list is already drawn up.

Yea but it means we could sell one. Like Delph or Clichy.

You would have to sell two if we are getting Stones. But regardless that is a very different question than whether we should get a HG keeper. I have seen nothing to suggest we are selling Delph or Clichy so a HG keeper remains a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.