Cabrera??

Mad Eyed Screamer

I was in a Spanish restaurant last night, back street behind Deansgate.
There was a framed signed City shirt on the wall, with the name 'Cabrera' and the number 50 on the back.
The shirt was the darkish blue one as worn during the last season or so at Maine Road.

There was a couple sat at the table below the shirt so couldn't go up close to have a look.
Anyone know who Cabrera is / was?

I guess you were in El Rincon de Rafa (Rafa's Corner). It's owned by Rafael Cabrera who used to play for Stockport. Think he has had a lot of contacts in football as a result.

He is deffo a blue though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206386/A-City-divided-Manchester-Uniteds-new-rivals-doorstep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rstep.html</a>

In the city's bars and restaurants it is hard to escape it. Rafael Cabrera, owner of Manchester's most loved Spanish restaurant El Rincon, witnesses it daily. Fans, staff and players from both clubs eat at his tables regularly.

Cabrera, a Stockport County player in the Sixties and Seventies, said: 'It has definitely changed and Sir Alex Ferguson has recognised that by what he has said. I think most people expected him to rise above the things that City have said and done.
'But he didn't and that surprised people. I think it sums up the new atmosphere. He had his say and now the fans have followed. They're on the attack now, too.'
Cabrera is a self-confessed City supporter but his restaurant reflects his adopted town fairly. Memorabilia from both clubs adorn the walls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.