Calling BM's Legal Eagles - Parking Dispute

Funny enough this is the second time I have heard this in the last week, and its wrong*, right of access works both ways.
This also covers the OP, as a "Private road" it will have shared access which boils down to nobody can obstruct access to his land, however it would be a civil matter meaning he would have to take each individual offence before a court rather than phone plod, or get a private parking company to enforce.

* No dropped curb is read as not a point of access.

Thanks for all the responses. Regarding the above, in terms of blocking access, does it make a difference if either:

a) they can still access it by foot
or
b) they can still access about half of it by car

Thanks for all the responses. Regarding the above, in terms of blocking access, does it make a difference if either:

or
If they can still get a car into it I would imagine that there's absolutely no grounds for a case against anybody else on the road - zero hardship/damage = zero fault.

Suggest to the owner of Plot 1) that everyone (you) will stop blocking his bloody land and invite him/her to come and park his/her vehicle on the gravel strip.

The day before construct a cunningly designed snake and crocodile-infested pit under said strip, cover with cling film and a dusting of gravel.

Once they have been digested, fill the pit back in with lean mix concrete (make sure you put the snakes and crocodiles somewhere safe first) and take possession of the mysteriously vacant Plot 1) for a period of twelve years. Then take ownership using an adverse possessory title claim.

What he said, also might be worth looking into whether he has a good looking wife or daughter whose back doors you can smash in.
88_facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

And post pictures on here.

or

Reasonable access would be subjective in a court, from public roads I doubt the plod would take action if you could still get a car in (Though I seem to remember within 18" either side of a driveway can be obstruction), the crux would be what the obstruction stops the owner from doing.

The ad bot thingy is usually telling me about shoe sales but on this thread it as an advert for The Law Society telling you to us ed a solicitor.

My 2p is that where I live we have a shared access road but their are covenants preventing parking on the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.